Lexus IS Forum banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yepp this VSC Off mod is my next project, snow is coming in a few months and I will go nuts if I cant drift like I did with my old Volvos :)

So I bought this button, Toyota partnumber 84988-20030. From Avensis 1998-2002.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I regret not getting memory seats....
Same here. I sold the 02 and bought an 04 to fix the problem :) One downside is dark silver trims in the early cars look better than the light silver in the 03-04.

FWIW the Scion switch fits great and the color match is better in person than in the pic.

·
Registered
246 Posts
updated pictures would help greatly. all pictures seem to be dead.

have a 2004 is300 sport design looking to disable vsc.

Has anyone wired it up through the trac button like on the corollas? push for trac off and hold for 5 seconds turns vsc off

·
3,550 Posts
My 2001 altezza 2jge has vsc trc. Just bought it turbod it tuned it and go to go side ways and keep beep beep vsc pops up. I'm about to cut the wire with a switch.
Old tread. If yours beeps with the traction control button turned off. There is something wrong with you system.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
My 01 does. A mechanic told me all Japanese versions are thrown together in different factory's thus having different running gear, bushs, buttons, basically every model is a mystery box
Id find a better mechanic if i were you, my tezza is mechanically identical to the NZ, US, UK, Euro new IS300. Main variations are in trim levels available and a few options in the ECU (no cruise control that i have seen on Altezza, but maybe rare option). Ive bought most parts for mine (bushes, sensors, shock hats, spark plugs, filters . . . .) either from local Toyota, local parts store, or from RockAuto or Amazon in the US depending on what's available and the price, all the same. None have been an issue yet as long as you get the right year and model, same as with any every other car I've owned.

In saying that i have noticed the traction control doesnt always turn off completely with the trac button, it usually will disengage but will sometimes still beep to tell you you're getting it wrong. Not sure if that is different to the NZ/AU/US/UK/Euro versions. Doesn't bother me, I'm to old to want to leave it off for too long lol. ;)

What ECU are you running if it is turbo'd? I would imagine most aftermarket ECU will disengage any traction control if you want.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Id find a better mechanic if i were you, my tezza is mechanically identical to the NZ, US, UK, Euro new IS300. Main variations are in trim levels available and a few options in the ECU (no cruise control that i have seen on Altezza, but maybe rare option). Ive bought most parts for mine (bushes, sensors, shock hats, spark plugs, filters . . . .) either from local Toyota, local parts store, or from RockAuto or Amazon in the US depending on what's available and the price, all the same. None have been an issue yet as long as you get the right year and model, same as with any every other car I've owned.

In saying that i have noticed the traction control doesnt always turn off completely with the trac button, it usually will disengage but will sometimes still beep to tell you you're getting it wrong. Not sure if that is different to the NZ/AU/US/UK/Euro versions. Doesn't bother me, I'm to old to want to leave it off for too long lol. ;)

What ECU are you running if it is turbo'd? I would imagine most aftermarket ECU will disengage any traction control if you want.
Factory ecus handle up to 15 pound boost before needing to be replaced, I've got the factory ecu, piggy backed as well, I'm running 14 pound no problem. Traction control when of spins both wheels no problem but soon as I turn the steering wheel and go to go sideways the vsc beeps at me and cuts my power. I went to super cheap auto and tried getting driver arm brushes and gave them my year (2001) license plate and they still said we have 3 different types for that exact model my mechanic then told me that there are a couple different factory's in Asia that make the exact same blue prints just small minor things vary... my model is the altezza ghia which is pretty much a lexus 300. Almost no difference though.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
To be fair Supercheap and Repco dont have the best databases, one of them (pretty sure Repco/Appco) says mine is a 2.5cc (1JZ ?) :rolleyes:. So no wonder they dont know what parts are in it, go to the mount shop and im pretty sure they only have one set of bushes listed for the JCE. Or else get Toyota to quote or search on the online DIYToyota (?) parts site and then use their code to search for alternatives on US.

Anyway. If it is causing issues and you don't want to ever use the traction control you could do one of the DBW deletes, as that is what is pulling back on the throttle to control traction. Search around on here, there are a couple of different methods on here depending on budget. Rangi version, turn the APS 45? (or is it 135?) degrees to take up the "slack" between the DBW system and the limp home mode. You will need to readjust the throttle cable to suit and the throttle will feel a little heavy as you are sometimes pushing against the DBW stepper motor (which will eventually burn out if you are continually fighting it), but it gives you the chance to see what its like before spending bucks on something more permanent.

101 - 112 of 112 Posts