Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes i know I am new. Yes I know how to search.

I just spent about 2 hours looking on how to defeat the VSC. I know you can pull fuse 44.

I want to put a switch in soo that i can deactivate it in the car randomly. Anyone know how this can be accomplished? I see that people have done it but there isn't a how to or anything that i have seen.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
take the fuse out, get some wire and wire up a circuit with the fuse and a switch inline, best place for the switch would be run through the firewall and place it to the left side of the steering column in the switch blanks there. Something like this: male spade terminal in the fuse holder --> fuse --> toggle switch --> another male spade terminal into the other side of the fuse holder. flip the switch to break the circuit and its just like removing the fuse, otherwise, leave it on and all is normal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya thats what i was thinking about doing. I read somewhere that someone bypassed a steering input sensor or something. Main concern is I am going to do track days with the car so still kinda want the ABS but no traction control or VSC.

I know a little bit about automotive electronics. Haven't really looked at the IS electrical as I just got the car friday.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I might have to do this bypass switch deal...VSC takes away all the fun! Has saved me a bunch of times in the snow, but still would like the option to get sideways once in a while.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
You know this thread is from 2007 right.......

But hey, you're from a Chicago Suburb so I'll forgive you.

·
Registered
118 Posts
ya, i was wondering that too. all i have to do to get sideways is turn off the trac control button.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi,

don`t know if you already know this solution to disable the VSC...while keeping full ABS-function...

Get a switch between the ignition supply wire to the steering sensor...

All you need is cut the red/black wire on the Drivers Side J/B, Connector 1A, Pin 4:

and put the switch (nc) in between, like on my drawing.
As a result:

switched off:

CEL was there before, not from this VSC mod!

·
Registered
188 Posts
yes!!! now theres a way to disable it!!

edit: so, according to the picture, you turn off TCL when VSC is off too?

·
Registered
34 Posts
edit: so, according to the picture, you turn off TCL when VSC is off too?
Yes, both traction and stability control is turned off when you push the 'vsc-off' button.

The ABS, TRC and VSC-functions are all controlled by one abs/trc&vsc-ECU.
If you pull the abs-fuse or relais, the supply to the ecu is cut off and it switches to full failsave-mode. (= all functions off, including ABS).
But if you just switch that ignition supply for the steering sensor off (and you could also eliminate the vsc-buzzer if you wire it like on my plan, because even if you pull a ABS fuse the buzzer still works), there is another failsave-mode with just TRC and VSC off.

To activate the trc/vsc-system again, you must cut of the ignition! (to get out of the failsave mode)
I tested it on snow today and its very funny. No beeping, no warning lights, no "automatic safety reactivating" like when using the stock TRC-off switch, but w/ fully operative braking system.

You have to know that all of our Euro-IS300 models were equipped with VSC, so I`m happy to get rid of that. :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just did this on my Sportcross in prep for a track day. Works perfectly. VSC and TRAC lights come on when the wire is open circuit, and neither VSC or TRAC function. But ABS functions perfectly, and the ECU isn't cutting power or anything strange. This is exactly what I was hoping to find.

Thanks a ton Gery for sharing this with the group!
-Dan

·
Banned
1,413 Posts
hahha ABOUT TIME!

im doing this tomorrow...

1 - 20 of 112 Posts