Lexus IS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
In my manual when I do an aggressive turn the light with the car and skid marks lights up and blinks in my cluster.. Is that just simply traction control kicking in?

·
Registered
5 Posts
1G, cable 9, white/black, the smaller one worked!
I was sitting in the car waiting for a reply so I'm well impressed you were able to answer! Thanks man.
I guess I have to shut off the car and turn back on to get vsc back on

·
Registered
882 Posts
:jawDrop:
1G, cable 9, white/black, the smaller one worked!
I was sitting in the car waiting for a reply so I'm well impressed you were able to answer! Thanks man.
I guess I have to shut off the car and turn back on to get vsc back on
No worries man. It took ages to work it out originally with the help if another member, so I thought I'd hop on here to keep my contribution alive :)

I had a lot of fun with that mod and my s/c'd is300. Be safe ;)

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
:jawDrop:

No worries man. It took ages to work it out originally with the help if another member, so I thought I'd hop on here to keep my contribution alive :)

I had a lot of fun with that mod and my s/c'd is300. Be safe ;)
Oh i see, i'm that "other member" I guess, huh? j/k:lol:

Watsup Jim!!:bigSmile: Glad to see you're still around and spreading the knowledge! Somewhere in my few thousand pm's I still have our msgs when we where trying to get this to work successfully on your RHD IS. Hope all is well bud and I'll see ya around.

Remember guys, this is for RHD and the wiring is obviously different in LHD(page 3 has diagram). With the track/VSC disable mod, you're controlling power off a fuse that feeds the skid module and buzzer. Abs remains functional.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Oh i see, i'm that "other member" I guess, huh? j/k:lol:

Watsup Jim!!:bigSmile: Glad to see you're still around and spreading the knowledge! Somewhere in my few thousand pm's I still have our msgs when we where trying to get this to work successfully on your RHD IS. Hope all is well bud and I'll see ya around.
I'm so sorry man. It was late, I was on the iPhone and although I was 99.9% sure to put your name I didn't wanna get it wrong and insult you (more) lol.

I'm all good, currently rolling in an ls460 waiting for you to give me some electrical mods for it ;)

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
I'm so sorry man. It was late, I was on the iPhone and although I was 99.9% sure to put your name I didn't wanna get it wrong and insult you (more) lol.

I'm all good, currently rolling in an ls460 waiting for you to give me some electrical mods for it ;)
It's all good bro! Just messin.:hug:

IS460!? You're probably putting down like 700rwhp at this point. Lol
I'll be happy to help with any electrical mods, providing I have a print haha.

·
Premium Member
9,782 Posts
Jim spotted good to see you around

·
Registered
882 Posts
It's all good bro! Just messin.:hug:

IS460!? You're probably putting down like 700rwhp at this point. Lol
I'll be happy to help with any electrical mods, providing I have a print haha.
I should have put that in upper case...LS460 :) So not quite the 700rwhp, but a mediocre stock 380hp ;)

Jim spotted good to see you around
Hey man, good to see you too. I really miss this place. Many time I've thought about buying an IS just so I can justify spending my entire day hanging out here. I would hang around anyway, but I get depressed at all the sexy IS's.

I'm still gonna get up to speed with your build log tho ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Guys,

Found a switch whats perfect for this mod, haven`t wired it in yet but hope will work as it should.
From a Toyota Avensis and the only downside the color match as this is green when illuminated.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
It may be possible to interchange the bulb with one of our orange ones.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Hey Guys,

Found a switch whats perfect for this mod, haven`t wired it in yet but hope will work as it should.
From a Toyota Avensis and the only downside the color match as this is green when illuminated.

Wow that's a spot-on oem look.

·
Registered
396 Posts
does the 01 auto have vsc??? i only have a trac button and when i turn that off i can get sideways

·
Registered
396 Posts
thank you jason!

is there a big difference between the two?

Reactions: jasonm4

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
thank you jason!

is there a big difference between the two?
You're welcome and I would say yes there is. Before with traction off VSC would kick in, especially going sideways, and the car would bog down as well as the annoying beeping. That all disables when you cut power to the piezo horn and skid module, so anotherwords, it is a big difference. ABS still acts normal and is not affected, one of the first things I checked despite no ABS warning light. Post #70 shows exactly what wire gets switched. If/when I sell my car I will put it back the way it was for safety. This mod removes all the vehicle stability and traction control. Did I mention that annoying beeping too? Lol
http://my.is/forums/f88/vsc-disable-344712/index5.html

Tokensolutions also makes a PNP traction control device which disables traction control when you start the car and without having to push the button(not VSC though)>>http://www.tokensolutions.net/products/Lexus-IS300-traction-control-memory-module.html
I'd much rather have total control and know that I disengaged the system each time, that's just me.

Just fyi to anyone reading, be careful which print and pins you follow because I worked with Jimxms on his RHD European IS300 and the kick panels are swapped somewhere in this thread.
And please be careful if you choose to do this mod.
Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you wreck your car.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
396 Posts
oh yeah that token solutions trac is my next buy!

thanks for the info man!!

81 - 100 of 112 Posts