Lexus IS Forum banner
641 - 660 of 689 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
You'll need to maintain 1/2" staggered tire diameter front to rear so I suggest 255/35R-19's in the rear. This size mounted on 19x9.5 +20 wheels will likely require the fenders to be rolled and possibly a slight pull. The front combination is fine.
Just wanted to give props to you for coming on here and actually answering fitment questions. Thats pretty cool of you. Im about to order a set of Strasse Forged wheels for my IS250. There is a discount tire 5 minutes from my house. You've got my business for the tires.
Well you had my business anyway because anyone who sponsors Chad Reed im gonna support!

·
Registered
2 Posts
wheels/tires

Hey, newb here...

I have a set of SSRs competition type c 18x7.5 (225/40/18 front) and 18x8.5 (245/40/18 rear) with +42mm offset. Will the rears rub on stock suspension?

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Just wanted to give props to you for coming on here and actually answering fitment questions. Thats pretty cool of you. Im about to order a set of Strasse Forged wheels for my IS250. There is a discount tire 5 minutes from my house. You've got my business for the tires.
Well you had my business anyway because anyone who sponsors Chad Reed im gonna support!
Hey! Thank you for the props. That's very kind of you. We're auto enthusiasts just like you, we just happen to sell wheels and tires. We sponsor quite a few forums so we can't get to every question about wheels and tires but we do our best to continue to help out when we can. Chad Reed is a great guy and a heck of an athlete so we're happy that we can support him. I don't know about you, but I've got a couple kids my self and watching Chad with his son Tate is a lot of fun too. - Travis

Hey, newb here...

I have a set of SSRs competition type c 18x7.5 (225/40/18 front) and 18x8.5 (245/40/18 rear) with +42mm offset. Will the rears rub on stock suspension?
This set up should be fine with the stock suspension but the rear tire could be a little larger. The stock 18" staggered 2nd gen factory wheels and tires are 225/40R18 in the front and 255/40R18 in the rear. With your new wheels you can run the factory tire sizes.

Give us a ring if we can help you with some recommendations. Anyone here would be happy to help you more: 1.888.459.4080

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
Hey! Thank you for the props. That's very kind of you. We're auto enthusiasts just like you, we just happen to sell wheels and tires. We sponsor quite a few forums so we can't get to every question about wheels and tires but we do our best to continue to help out when we can. Chad Reed is a great guy and a heck of an athlete so we're happy that we can support him. I don't know about you, but I've got a couple kids my self and watching Chad with his son Tate is a lot of fun

Ive got a 12 year old that races 85 mod and supermini. Hes a Chad Reed fanatic. He was begging me for two two motorsports/discount tire graphics on his supermini this year which I had to explain that he has different sponsors then chad reed and i got a response of so lets change sponsors! Lol its good sport and keeps the family together alot so we love it. We could care less about his results but hes done good so that keeps him happy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Too cool! Great to hear you are keeping your son involved in sports too. My kids are pretty young still (1 almost 3yrs, and 1 almost 9 months) but we'll be considering some sports for our 3 year old here soon. Have a great Independence Day weekend. Be safe!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys,

I have a 2007 IS250 RWD. Thinking of purchasing Work SC1 wheels. The specs are:
19x9 +8
19x10+24

Will these fit? I don't want to roll fenders. My car is at stock height right now but may lower it in the future by an inch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I currently have a 2007 is350. My car is lowered by 2 inches on bc coilovers. I am currently looking at the Work cr kai 18x8.5 +38 offet 18x9.5 38 offset.

front 225/40 rear 255 / 40
My question is will i have any problems with rubbing and will i have to mod my fenders. please help.

·
Registered
38 Posts
What ^^ said?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please help i found a good deal on 4 brand new nitto nt555 tires size 225/40/r18 for $350 i was wondering if that would be ok to put on my2006 is250 stock everything .....what would it affect? Thank youfor your help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just picked up a 2011 IS350 AWD lowered with the Lexus F-Sport springs and shocks. I'd like the wheels to be as flush as possible without needing any modification to the fenders. Don't want to go larger than 18s because the roads here are horrible. Previous owner had 19s and had to change them for all the damage he incurred. So I'm sitting on 17x8s right now, 225/45/17.

I'm thinking 18x8 +30 or 18x8.5 +35 with 225/40/18 all around. Not sure if the +30 offset will clear in the front though.

I have my eye on the Fast Rennen 18x8 +35 Fast Wheels Rennen

OR

DAI Autobahn 18X8 +35
Winter Tires Dai Autobahn 18x8.0 , 5x114.3 , Noir Satine/Satin Black(offset/deport35) - Tires - PMC Tire - Canada

OR

RTX Stag 18x8.5 +35
Winter Tires RTX - Stag - 18X8.5 ,5X100/114.3 (offset-deport)35, Noir Machine/Machine Black - Tires - PMC Tire - Canada

and lastly

RTX Envy 18x8 +38
Winter Tires RTX - Envy - 18X8 ,5X114.3 (offset-deport)38, Gris Mat Fonce/Dark Matte Grey - Tires - PMC Tire - Canada

Again, idea is for the wheels to be as flush as possible without needing fender mods. Also, on a budget so my options are limited but you can see the type of wheel I like from the links above. A slight concave would be really nice.

Thanks for any insight anyone can offer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys,

New here. Hoping to get some advice.

How aggressive of a fitment can I go on my 2007 IS250 RWD (lowered on Eibach Pro Kit) without having to pull/roll/camber?

Looking at 19" wheels. What would be the most aggressive fitment I can get away with?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, got a 2007 IS250 AWD on stock 18" rims right now. I'm currently looking at 18×9 Volk Te37 with +25 offset. I just want to know if it will not fit on stock height?

·
Registered
4 Posts
This thread is blowing my mind. I really thought I would be able to fit some of my drift spares from my 240 on my is250 AWD but that clearly isnt the case unless i start cutting metal and using flares. I haven't read the entire 44 pages of this thread, but from what I gather anything over +30 offset is going to poke at stock camber settings. Correct?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 07 is250 and I'm lowered on megan coils. Looking to get some 19' wheels but don't know what set up to use. Don't want too much poke or not to aggressive. Can anyone help me please?

641 - 660 of 689 Posts