Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 684 Posts

·
Ninja?
16,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ask your questions here and people will help you out.

Thanks

·
Registered
597 Posts
Advan Rz

looking at getting these advan rz in 18x9 +35 and 18x10 +35. will it work also they have it in 19's with same offset .will there be any modes involve to make it work or is it a good fitment for is350.

thanks

·
Ninja?
16,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Assuming you go 225/40 in the front.... and 255/40 in the rears.. they will fit fine.

19s would be the same, with similar tire widths.

·
Ninja?
16,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you'll be pushing it with the +25.. i would imagine heavy rolling and maybe even some cutting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My wife's 2007/205 IS came with chrome 18" factory wheels and I hate them. In fact I hate the car, but that is another story. I want to replace the 18" wheels with some Lexus OEM 17" wheels, but am thrown by offset. IS has 45mm and some other Lexus models with 17's have 50mm and I do not know if that means the wheel would move out or in by going from 45 to 50mm
I also would like to know on the 17" what would be biggest tire I could run without doing anything to fender. I would like to go to a 55 if possible in order to improve the ride. Car is mostly driving around town by little old lady and handled cautiously so am not interested in high speed tires or handling capability and thanks for any help you might give an old fart like me.

·
Ninja?
16,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My wife's 2007/205 IS came with chrome 18" factory wheels and I hate them. In fact I hate the car, but that is another story. I want to replace the 18" wheels with some Lexus OEM 17" wheels, but am thrown by offset. IS has 45mm and some other Lexus models with 17's have 50mm and I do not know if that means the wheel would move out or in by going from 45 to 50mm
I also would like to know on the 17" what would be biggest tire I could run without doing anything to fender. I would like to go to a 55 if possible in order to improve the ride. Car is mostly driving around town by little old lady and handled cautiously so am not interested in high speed tires or handling capability and thanks for any help you might give an old fart like me.
If you move down to the 17" wheel, the 50mm offset or the 45mm offset will be very safe and you will not have to worry about any rubbing.

As for the size of the tires, they will be 245/45/17 all-around if you are going the OEM AWD 17" Wheel route (same wheel width in all 4 corners). If you want a 55 series tire, you will have to be looking at 15" or 16" wheels. 55 series on a 17" wheel will make the car look like an off-road vehicle.

The 17" wheel should provide enough comfort and "softness" that you are looking for.

·
Registered
11 Posts
KAYOTIK Thank you very much and one more favor, if you had the exact same size wheel made by same company and one had 45 and other had 50mm, would the wheel tire combo try to stick out side of fender or be deeper inward and thank you again.

·
Ninja?
16,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It would stick -IN- more.

I believe i answered this question in your other post as well. :lol:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Stock IS 250 RWD

Hi, newbie here.

I have a stock IS 250 RWD. I was told if I put an 18" in that, it could create problems because of my stock suspension. Is that true?

Thanks

·
Ninja?
16,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi, newbie here.

I have a stock IS 250 RWD. I was told if I put an 18" in that, it could create problems because of my stock suspension. Is that true?

Thanks
Did your car come with 17" wheels? I don't know about where you are from, but here in California, all of the RWD ISX50's come with 18" wheels.

·
Ninja?
16,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You'll be fine with 18" wheels. Your dealership sounds like a bunch of goons.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have a 2009 is250 AWD.

the stock rims and tires size are 225/45/17

im looking at this set of black work VSXX i want to put on, same all around. what offset should i be looking at? whats the oem offset of the AWD wheels?

I want to go 19inch. I want all 4 wheels sticking out a bit compare to the oem wheel fitment. lets say the oem offset is +45, can i go +40 or 35 all around without damaging the AWD system?

Thanks

·
Ninja?
16,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The AWD wheel offsets are 45mm. So if you want the wheels to fit more flush, you can go up to 35mm (assuming you keep the same wheel width.)

1 - 20 of 684 Posts