Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was wondering if you could help me out. i decided to go ahead and look into all the zaino products. i have been using meguiars gold glass wax for a while but its so hard to get all the swirls out on my black is so i decided to give zaino a try. while i was on their site i noticed they have tons of products and i was hoping you guys could help me out with a good list of what i need or what you've tried and know works. I'm lookin at maybe getting th following items, the z-5 wax, z-7 wash, and z-18 clay bar. any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!

·
Registered
28,808 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Before jumping into Zaino, realize one thing, it doesn't remove swirls or scratches. If you prep your surface perfectly Z will look amazing, if you have swirls or scratches, Z will enhance them.

You can remove swirls by hand, but be forewarned you will be tired if you do the whole car in one day. A Porter Cable Random Orbital Polisher (7424) will get out all but the worst swirls with the right product. Try Meguiar's Body Shop products available at body shop supply stores everywhere, I like the Dual Action Cleaner Polisher & Swirl Free Polish. Follow this up with the Z or go with a nice glaze/polish (Meg's #7, 3M IHG) and top with a carnauba (P21S or S100).

The other option I like because for me the Z system is a little complicated, takes alot of time and is slightly expensive to get the whole kit is using a very high end Sealant, I like both the Ultimate Platinum Protection & Poorboy's EX with Carnauba - you can use a polish like Klase All-In-One before and then add the sealant. These can be ordered from many online retailers, I found the best prices at www.premiumautocare.com plus they have free shipping over $75.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats a lot for the replies guys.

thomasfl- when you said Zaino will enhance the swirls did you mean just clean them up a little bit but not remove them or make them stand out more? the swirls are my biggest issue, i dont have any scratches or keys or anything that serious i just want to rid my baby of all those swirls and make her look like the first day i got her :D haha...

·
Registered
831 Posts
I bought the Zaino show kit. It comes with the wash, regular polish, swirl mark polish, 3 app pads, 1 claybar canister (comes with 2) and the gloss spray. Well worth the money considering it convinced me never to use any other wax ever again :chill: :wink:

·
Registered
30 Posts
what I mean by enhance the swirls is that Z does such a great job on the finish, giving it a glass look that you can easily see any imperfections in the paint, it won't change anything. I respect Z for being an amazing product, I prefer more depth than having just super gloss. I have been detailing cars for about 10 yrs professionally so if you have any questions I might be able to help.

Here is what I did to my brand new GGP IS300: didn't let the dealer prep it or wash it, clayed (pinnacle), Meguiar's Swirl Free Polish (by machine), Clearkote's Vanilla Moose Glaze (by hand), Ultimate Platinum (sealant, by hand, three layers). I use Clearkote's Quik Shine (Quick Detail Spray) for upkeep. The car looks amazing, when I took it to the dealer they were asking me alot of questions about how I got it to look so deep and wet. I am going to post some pics pretty soon, I want to paint my calipers first. I know some of these products are a little hard to find but there are alot of good products available at paint supply stores, half the stuff in the autoparts stores sux, you spend you time for an average shine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts