Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have just received my Zaino package. I am really exited and want to try it out, but it is 15 outside... Any advice? Thanks!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Re: Do you wax your car in winter?

oleg said:
Hello, I have just received my Zano package. I am really exited and want to try it out, but it is 15 outside... Any advice? Thanks!
ya u sure can, but 15 outside is too cold for zaino to bond. If u want a hand i live real close to norwood i could give u a few pointers. I have Zaino on all our cars :).

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help. It is supposed to be 50 on Friday... I have put together a few steps on how to use Zaino products (the info is from http://www.zainobros.com):

1. Wash your car with Dawn
2. Re-wash the entire vehicle with Z-7 Car Wash immediately
3. Start with Z-1 (it does not need to dry - do not wipe off)
4. Apply Z-5 or Z-2 directly over the Z-1. Let Z-5 or Z-2 polish dry at least one hour
5. Use a LARGE White 100% Bath size towel to remove Z-2 or Z-5
6. After removal of Zaino Z-2 or Z-5 you should wait for 24 hours before applying the new coat
7. Z6: Use Z-6 spray between each and every coat of Z-5 or Z-2
8. Switch from Z5 to Z2 as soon as you are happy with the way the paint finish looks. Example, no more swirls, scratches etc.

How long do you think the whole process would take?

·
Registered
204 Posts
oleg said:
How long do you think the whole process would take?
Takes me a few days. Usually I'll do two coats the first day and then put an additional coat on the next few days.

Also, I'd recommend getting some clay and using it on the car after washing with dawn. You'd be amazed how much junk is on even new paint, claying really gives the polish a good base to work with. You'll feel the difference in smoothness.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
it was 55 the other day when I zainoed my car, it just took longer to haze over...I think if you put a hair dryer on low to it, it will dry quicker too but haven't tried it yet...I do love zaino though

·
Registered
865 Posts
waxing before winter is definitely a requirement. Makes cleaning the salt and ice off a whole lot easier.

I waxed my car with Zymol late October, and everytime i rinse off my car, it still looks like its just been waxed. I love that stuff.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If I'm not mistaken here Zaino only sells Polishes not wax. Polish and wax are two different things and for the winter time you definitelly wnat to be using a real good heavy wax. Again, just my option and my $.02
Lata,
Nick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
NASTETy92
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing