Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've tried a search on this and the server keeps timing out, so here's my question. How many of you have used the Zaino Bros products and what kind of results do they deliver? I especially mean the polish, and the swirl remove polish. Is all the hype true? Would appreciate any feedback, especially from those with a black IS.

-David

·
Registered
354 Posts
My IS300 is MSM, but I have a 1999 black 986 Porsche that gets the full Zaino treatment on a regular basis. Zaino on black gets "Five Stars" as far as I'm concerned. I recommend it 100%. See for yourself!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Believe the Hype.
I have not used their products on my IS yet.
(I plan to but I've only had it 4 weeks)I have had great success with there products on my 91 Black Celica GTS, Wht Supra TT, Silver Rav 4 L.
I used to use Zymol & Meguiars products and they made the finish look nice but no where near the deep mirror like gloss Zaino Bros. gave it. I will never use anything else on my paint since using their products.
Here is what I use when washing my cars:
Lambs Wool wash mitt
Zaino Bros - Show Car Wash
Zaino Bros - Show Car Polish Lok PreCleaner
Zaino Bros - Show Car Polish for Clear Coats
Zaino Bros - Polish for Swirl Marks & Fine Scratches
Zaino Bros - Gloss Enhancer Spray
Meguiars - Endurance Tire Gloss
Meguiars - Leather Cleaner & Conditioner
Meguiars - Wheel Cleaner
Absorber Drying towel

[ August 10, 2001: Message edited by: tah93 ]

·
Registered
365 Posts
I started using Zaino about a year ago and will never turn back. I know, its hard to believe all the hype, but if you want proof, go to corvetteforum.com. Those guys are zaino ZOMBIES
Seriously though, their polish is better than anything else on the market IMO, especially on darker colors. By the way, awesome pic Leader

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I used FF and Zaino's which are very comparable. Here's my car after the Zaino's sat overnight. Don't worry about the Meguires sticker.....

Mark

[ August 10, 2001: Message edited by: MrMark ]

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
Zaino is just awesome, but plan on not driving your car for at least a week as the process takes forever!!!. You should wait 24hrs between coats and when I did mine I did 3 swirl removers, and 4 of wax. The results are great, but a lot of elbo grease and sweat before you are done.

·
Registered
354 Posts
There are an amazing number of Zaino products - and, depending on the state of your car's finish - less is probably more. In other words - don't get carried away. My experience is that Zaino is easier and faster to use than traditional waxes (unlike "lisnup65"). I use #1 followed by a coat (or two) of #2. I also use #16 on my tires. That's it.
All you need to know is here:
Zaino Brothers Products

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Thanks...

I use Z1, then without wiping it off, Z2, then let it sit for 24 hours. Wipe off and then finish with Z5 and let sit overnight. It will take up the entire weekend and you should garage it. Remember, apply in straight lines up and down and front to back and use sparingly.

Be ready for some serious shine

Mark

Originally posted by DYSFUNCTIONAL:
dang..that looks sweet.. im sold.. which Zaino product should i get? and where?? thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey guys,

How often do you have to re-apply Z1? Is it everytime you wash your car again, you have to start the process all over (ie: z1, z2, z5) or can you just wash it then go right to z2 or z5.

thanks

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
First off I have a black IS300 and use Zaino on it. Second the stuff is AWESOME!! I applied all the steps as directed and use the "Gloss enhancer spray" on a daily basis to keep it looking "just waxed". That stuff is the key! Also Black01IS300 I live in Chicago and if you ever wanted to hook up somewhere to see what Zaino looks on a black IS just let me know. Get it, you definitely wont be dissapointed.

Mike

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
DYSFUNCTIONAL they dont accept credit cards? how long did it take you guys to receive your zaino?
Do a search as I posted a few months back to a site that does take CC and ships either the same or next buisness day. They are located in Wisconsin. Either search Zaino or my ID #.
Here I did the work for you!!!!!
Zaino post

[ August 11, 2001: Message edited by: lisnup65 ]

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Actually Zaino's is right here in New Jersey. Their site is: Zaino's

The owner is a crazy dude that will talk your ear off...in that north Jersey accent. You can order the stuff right off his site. As far as Z1 is concerned, it helps fill in the minor scratches.

Good luck....

Mark

1 - 18 of 18 Posts