Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Geezer
52,611 Posts
Depends on the speed, noise level, what I'm listening to. I found out that when you set the FM bass, treble etc, then when you switch to CD you can have a different group of settings.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've only used the volume knob on the radio once, my last car had the radio controls on the steering wheel and I told myself I wouldn't go back to a car without them. I guess I'm getting lazy that 8 inch stretch from the shift knob to the radio takes to much out of me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
brAvo.eyE.eS said:
Is it just me or does the volume increase as you accelerate and decrease as you slow down?!?! or am i just imagining things.
The ML package features an Automated Sound Leveling circuit, which you can disable.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If the family is riding then it's usually around 20-30. When I'm solo then it gets to 45 frequently. I didn't get the ML as I would have had to wait 90 days to order it. I believe the main difference is an added subwoofer to the trunk deck but maybe someone can set me straight on that. Later I may add an aftermarket sub in the trunk to fill in the low's. My main concern is not taking up much of the trunk space.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Some volume is good...

bartkat said:
One thing I keep forgetting that I've got the radio controls on the steering wheel and still keep using the knobs and buttons on the dash.
That's what those things are!!
Personally Love loud jams. But in this car the acustics are so incredible, its cool to leave the volume between 20-30 most of the time. But hey, when you pop in the MP3 cds with 180-500 songs on them (depending on your encode level), some volume is good....
REAL GOOD!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I am sure you guys have already noticed by now that the "need" to add the ipod (or any other MP3 player) to the IS is not "really" necessary due to one fact that the already kick arse stereo system will play MP3 files burned onto your cdr media and i am assuming that you may be able to do the same with the dvd nav setup (unconfirmed).

Trust me, it works and my sales guy had no idea. When tested it and it worked... I do not know what he said for the next 20 minutes prior to me signing the big check for my New Toy. Would love to know about the dvd side tho-- anyone tried it?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts