Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many off you have been stoped by a NYS Trooper. tickets, good experience? i always see them on my way to home/work with some unlucky dude in a traffic stop.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
the first week I had my IS, I got a ticket on 287S. I was in the left lane when I realized I had to get off the next exit. The pace of traffic was about low 70s. I sped up to pass the car on my right, when he got me. I explained my whole situation to him, being completely honest, and he said that he understood. He gave me a ticket anyway, 79 in a 55. I dont care that much anymore, I never really cared back then either.

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
GraphiteSportDesign said:
the first week I had my IS, I got a ticket on 287S. I was in the left lane when I realized I had to get off the next exit. The pace of traffic was about low 70s. I sped up to pass the car on my right, when he got me. I explained my whole situation to him, being completely honest, and he said that he understood. He gave me a ticket anyway, 79 in a 55. I dont care that much anymore, I never really cared back then either.
Got a ticket on 287 also. Black dude with a cowboy hat. Went to court, he never showed and got my 8-point 86 in 55 speeding ticket reduced to a $86 0-point parking ticket. Thanks for not showing up you stupid bitch!

Always fight your ticket in court, no matter what. You can only reduce the ticket fine.

BTW, 287, exit right before Rye is where a trooper usually stays. Be careful when heading towards stamford. I've seen this same trooper give so many damn tickets within a mile of where I got mine. He's there a lot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts