Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if there were any IS owners in the Raleigh-Durham area..I have seen a few around but mostly older women..I am a 25 year old male and i just wondered if anyone besides Older woman were in this area..I can't see having an IS meet over hot tea and talking about gardening tips...and how there grandsons are doing in little league...

------------------
SBM Ls 17 ivory

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well, I'm in the Winston-Salem area. I've noticed the same thing here, most of the IS's I've seen are driven by older women. What's the deal. I'm a 24 year old IS owner and I too wish there were some younger owners near me.

------------------
Mike
2001 Spectra Blue IS300
2000 Dodge Dakota R/T
1999 Yamaha YZF R1

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whats up Mike...I see you like that spectra Blue too..I think that blue is best color anyone could have bought....How long have you had yours?

------------------
2001 IS300
Spectra Blue Mica/Ivory
LS 17" wheels

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm in the Raleigh area with a SBM IS. I've had my baby since 6/27, my 31st birthday.

I've seen two other SBM's in the area, one in the RTP area around Davis drive (always heading towards Cary) and one on Strickland right before the Creedmoor stop light (heading towards Six Forks).

------------------
'01 Spectra Mica Blue IS300 #293
Ivory Leather, LSD, Moonroof, 17s
'01 Jeep Grand Cherokee
4x4 Quadra-Drive, 4.7L V8

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whats up Cisco ...were you driving down 70 a few nights ago and saw a SBM is 300 with a spoiler ride up behind you and then get in front of you....If so that was me..i had never seen another sbm on the road up close.....you will know mine if you see it because i have a spoiler and mt License says SPECTRA1.....I have had mine since September 23....

------------------
2001 IS300
Spectra Blue Mica/Ivory
LS 17" wheels

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ok, that had to be me and your's in the 3rd SBM I've seen. My wife was giving my crap cuz you had a spoiler and mine doesn't

I have quite a bit of fun on 540, especially between 70 and the Leesville Rd exit, its like a race track. That was the first place I took my IS above 100 mph.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man don't get the spoiler..The only reason i got mine was so that i could be different from all the others....I wish i could get it removed now though,,,,Ruins the perfect lines of the car......My opinion don't get it unless you just want to be different...Or just get some rims...better deal..and they can be removed with no hassle...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you get your's from Johnson Lexus also?and have you had any problems.....

------------------
2001 IS300
Spectra Blue Mica/Ivory
LS 17" wheels

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh one more question, have you ever driven an IS without LSD, if so could you tell a difference in the performance..i didnt get it and wondered if i was really missing anything....also did you get the wood switchplates with the ivory Glove box and the heated seats........

------------------
2001 IS300
Spectra Blue Mica/Ivory
LS 17" wheels

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yeah, the only thing I may potentially do is get some 18's, but even that is doubtful.

I got mine at Flow Lexus in Kernersville (outside of Greensboro). I originally went to Johnson Lexus for a test drive and put down the $1500 deposit, but I would have had to wait 6 weeks minimum. So I called Flow and they had an SBM coming in and the rest is history.

Problems, not really, the biggest thing is the dead pedal is broken. Had Johnson Lexus order one for me and I'm still waiting for it to come in. Have you had issues with your car?

------------------
'01 Jeep Grand Cherokee

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my door strap somehow broke..the piece that holds the door from opening too far..I ordered it about a week ago and waitng for it to come in...Did you get Goodyear Or Bridgestone tires....The LSD Question...did you get the LP package or the LS package?

------------------
2001 IS300
Spectra Blue Mica/Ivory
LS 17" wheels

·
Registered
48 Posts
Spectra
I've had mine since the end of July... Love it. I've got about 7k miles on it now with no problems to speak of. The only setback I had was a little rear end incident in Greensboro. All fixed, But $4,ooo later, It's just not the same. I might have to trade it in on a 2002 next year. Here are some pictures if you're interested.

Here are some sickening pictures. http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1372615&a=10237305&p=34401234&Sequence=0&res=high http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1372615&a=10237305&p=34401232&Sequence=0&res=high http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1372615&a=10237305&p=34401231&Sequence=0&res=high

Here she is all put back together. http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1372615&a=10237305&p=34401230&Sequence=0&res=high http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1372615&a=10237305&p=34401229&Sequence=0&res=high

Cisco
I got mine @ Flow Lexus also... Who'd you deal with? What'd you pay?

------------------
Mike
2001 Spectra Blue IS300
2000 Dodge Dakota R/T
1999 Yamaha YZF R1

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Man i know you almost started crying when you got hit in the back..I know i probably would have while i was loading my Gun...LOL but glad everything is back together ....I know you are glad to be back on the road...By the way where did you get your spoiler..The one i got sits up off of the rear like th Gs400 I will post some picks when i get a chance...

------------------
2001 IS300
Spectra Blue Mica/Ivory
LS 17" wheels

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Oh sorry, I forgot about the LSD question, I have LSD, never drove an IS that didn't have it. I'll always get factory LSD when its an available option.

I've felt LSD kick in or what I thought was LSD a few times.

------------------
'01 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 - 15 of 15 Posts