The only vehicle that pulls at my cheating
heart is the new '02 M3 with the world's
most perfect manumatic shifter. Faster
than any human can move a stick through
gears, whoo!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. Guess that's why alot of us IS300 owners like to modify their car's appearance slightly, so we can retain some aspect of uniqueness among the pack...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Must be regional then...here in Southern California (or more specific South Orange County) I see MAYBE 1 IS300 every *other* day (thats not counting the one my friend has...haha). However on any given day I see 20-40 BMW's, a couple WRX's. and about 10 Acura 3.2TL type S's.

Besides waiting for the 2002 demand to drop a bit before i buy (thus getting a better price...) I also wanted to make sure the IS isn't the car that EVERYONE buys (kinda like a 3 series BMW). So far I like the fact that i DONT see them around much.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
i've been keeping my eyes open all summer and ive seen a total of 7 IS300s...mainly in boston...but thats about it - a yellow one 2 GGPs 2 blacks, a white and a blue one....

·
Registered
458 Posts
They are starting to pop up more and more In Allentown PA I don't have one yet but the growing populartiy isn't going to stop me. I haven't had much luck finding people on this board from my area, there are about 4-5 that I have noticed. However I have seen about 7 different IS3's in my 'Hood.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Originally posted by MrCynical:
Must be regional then...here in Southern California (or more specific South Orange County) I see MAYBE 1 IS300 every *other* day (thats not counting the one my friend has...haha). However on any given day I see 20-40 BMW's, a couple WRX's. and about 10 Acura 3.2TL type S's.

Besides waiting for the 2002 demand to drop a bit before i buy (thus getting a better price...) I also wanted to make sure the IS isn't the car that EVERYONE buys (kinda like a 3 series BMW). So far I like the fact that i DONT see them around much.
Sometimes I think I have the only IS here in North OC.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I live in Chicago and funny enough I very rarely see an IS300 even though I know there are quite a few out there. I probably don't see them because all of the BMW's are in the way! There must be 5 bimmers for every square foot here in Chicago. LOL

Mike

·
Registered
362 Posts
When I lived in Oklahoma City I hardly ever saw an IS. I've lived in Tulsa now for 1 1/2 weeks and I've seen 3 already, 2 yellows and a black. And yet this town doesn't even have a china town area (or not one that I can find yet).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hope you took off the ATX, ATX II Wilderness tires off the explorer..

Try driving for 1 minute with out seeing a honda accord or civic, much less anything else. Just buy a ferrari and you wont see that many around when you pull into nakato.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've only seen 2 IS300's here in Columbus,Ohio. One guy had a the blue one with 18 MOMO rims and exsauts, the other was a red one just stock, and a yellow one but that like if ur car needs major repairs and they give u that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Agreed -- I'm actually very surprised I don't see more around DC/Northern Virginia by now. There didn't even seem to be many on the lot when I went in for service this week.

·
Registered
40 Posts
alot of you guys are lucky then
i live in SoCal too and i see about 2 IS's a day... and COUNTLESS IS-wannabes w/ their altezza taillight ...especially the honda accord old body with the exact same taillight.... ugggh ....the special feelin is gone ...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I see like 10-15 a day, there are way too many out here. Lots of wannabes too, especially the 94-95 Accords with the circular light drilled into the trunk with the Lexus emblems and instead of "Accord" they say "Altezza". "Look, there's an IS! No, it's an Accord."

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Time to trade in the ol' IS (ol'... haha,
only had for 9 months and it's old) for
a sexy baby. The 350Z is my current
fave. I've always had a thing for little
racy Nissans (one of the few NX2000 owners,
my first car). 300hp, looks that aren't
copied by Honda racerboys, and a convertible, all for the price of my
quickly depreciating IS.

Or maybe my wife will take the IS300. Need
to get her out of the Exploder, anyway.
She has some serious make-up time due with
the IS since wrecking it. I get this
feeling that the IS is going to start revving
up and run me over ala Christine (my former
car was definitely the reincarnation) for
allowing her in the hands of a driver who
didn't pay attention and landed the poor
thing in the hands of skilled plastic surgeons... good as new, but I still know
the difference.

Oh, and for the guy in NYC.. was there for
four days last month and saw on avg. 2-3/day.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts