Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...when you said people try to race you at every light! I havent had this many street race challenges since I had the M3

So far, it seems like kids in sports cars, and guys in either Maximas or BMWs have been the most aggressive. Ive never been much into street racing, so I just kinda wave them off when they peel off. But still, its funny how this car brings out the speedracer in people

------------------
Justy
99 328i (for now)
01 IS300

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
it's worse in a supra...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra

·
Registered
241 Posts
more head turns and jealous looks for me, always the passenger in the car on my left. especially from hondas, haha...shine'em all I say! YEAAHHHHHHHH!!
can't wait for the slam, that'll really do'em up good

·
11,062 Posts
The funniest thing that happened to me was about three days after I got the car. Some blond thing with kids in the back (no seatbelts) tried to bait me with an old Tercel. I laughed. She actually kept waiting for me at lights and revving the engine. If she'd lost it, she could have killed those kids.
I am still amused at the Hondas with the clear tail assemblies on them. Seems like the owners of those cars can't stop staring at my IS. Jealous, eh?

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
maybe they knew you had a nice knob...so they wanted to see it...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop/black
90 Integra

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OH yeah, I got those looks too. Its kinda funny actually. I like it even better when Jai was driving. People would pull up to the light and check her out. It was funny because she would turn and stare back if it was a chick, but she would smile and flirt if it was a guy. Just picture a car full of guys going crazy over a blonde in a black IS who's flirting

Originally posted by Stimpykat7:
more head turns and jealous looks for me, always the passenger in the car on my left. especially from hondas, haha...shine'em all I say! YEAAHHHHHHHH!!
can't wait for the slam, that'll really do'em up good

------------------
Justy
99 328i (for now)
01 IS300

·
11,062 Posts
Originally posted by HyperMKIV:
maybe they knew you had a nice knob...so they wanted to see it...

For more on knobs, search previous conversations. We got a little carried away. Hey, you, HYPERMKIV, enough already!

·
Registered
241 Posts
ISsoon--who's Jai? must be pretty too, like the IS
Originally posted by ISsoon:
OH yeah, I got those looks too. Its kinda funny actually. I like it even better when Jai was driving. People would pull up to the light and check her out. It was funny because she would turn and stare back if it was a chick, but she would smile and flirt if it was a guy. Just picture a car full of guys going crazy over a blonde in a black IS who's flirting

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
sheila...you know you like the attention...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop/black
90 Integra

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I don't get very much racing attention in my Supra, but my old 3000GT VR-4 used to get A LOT of attention! It had 18 inch Antera rims and was lowered, was quite a looker in the metallic cherry red (was repainted)... It was the '92 with all the unneeded faux brake ducts everywhere.. I remember one night driving down Pacific ave. in Glendale and having 4 race challenges within 10 blocks..haha, Got challenged by an M3, an M-Coupe, a Porsche 911, and a Viper RT/10...Would have all been close except for maybe the Viper...

-Chris Y.

·
Registered
342 Posts
LOL. Thats what I thought back before I met her. When we were in school, he used always talk about "Jai" but in my mind I was thinking "JAY"-as in guy. Forgive me for saying this Jus, but, she is ALL WOMAN

Originally posted by IS300#1:
I thought Jai = Boy..

[This message has been edited by IIIseries (edited December 29, 2000).]

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Yea you do get a lot of races. So does my brother...he has a 98 Prelude w/ a T3/T4 Turbonetics Turbo on it w/ a new paint job and he doesn't even get as many races as I do. The weird thing is...when my dad drives his 360 Modena...no one wants to race. Me and my dad even lined up with a Viper...whats with that?

------------------
Spectra Blue IS300

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
8 Participants
lilaznboi
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing