Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bought the GS400 I had back in 1998 which was the first model year for that particular Lexus Model... There was some vibration in the front steering column which was due to the front suspension, so that had to be corrected... Then the yaw senor was not functioning so they had to replace it... Finally there were some rattles coming from the sunroof... About every first model year car has problems. I bet 2002 IS300 owners will not complain of the problems you mention.... Besides, when those problems were corrected on my GS400 I never had a problem through when I traded it in.....Those problems I mentioned were associated with early model GS400s.
Eric....
Lexus is still the most reliable of the bunch and probably will continue to be so...

[This message has been edited by EricK (edited December 18, 2000).]

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hm..i just baught a year 2k eclipse(green). It's been in the showroom,thats why we didnt get the 2.1k(bc no green). And yes, im a guy. YOu can be a f#cking [email protected]$$ about it and call me a girl for buying an eclipse but f#ck off. You dont know my situation u [email protected]

ok back to the post.....problems....there was an airbubble in the passenger side dash. they changed that no problem..since it was the showroom car(pinstripe and everything), there were few scratche minor scratches..but guess that doesnt count as problems...other then that,no problems. Ive only had the car for 3 weeks,so if something comes up,ill post it i guess. i know you guys wouldnt care anyways about my ECLIPSE rite? =/

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
well even the most reliable of companies has its problems. one insult is worth a thousand compliments =) all we ever hear about most of the time is the bad stuff.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, what I'm saying is that every new model has bugs that are eventually weeded out the next year....
Eric...

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
Hm..i just baught a year 2k eclipse(green). It's been in the showroom,thats why we didnt get the 2.1k(bc no green). And yes, im a guy. YOu can be a f#cking [email protected]$$ about it and call me a girl for buying an eclipse but f#ck off. You dont know my situation u [email protected]
1. why would someone call you a girl? nobody said Eclipses were girlie cars.
2. We know your situation; you wanted an IS cuz your parents/dad was helping you get a new car to replace your 92 Diamante, you then saw the CL-S and loved it, then you placed an order for an IS, now you own a 2k Eclipse.

my car is having every damn problem mentioned by other owners. But my car is still driveable and the problems are minor annoyances at most. no electrical or engine problems yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts