Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You warm weathered IS300 owners must be jealous of us cold regions.

Dealing with sub zero temperatures, so cold that your nose hairs freeze into little icicles. Shelling out an additional 800+ dollars on snow tires and rims. Salt and grime collecting all over the nice IS300 body. Having to buy extra windshield fluid because you'll use most of it to clean all that salt off of your windows while driving. Having to ask you guests to shake as much of the wet snow off their boots before entering the your clean IS300. But even then it's not enough...thank god for Weather Tech floor mats. Scraping all that snow and ice off your windshields and warming your cars up in the freezing cold. But hey we finally get to use our seat butt warmers and heated mirrors. Keeping an extra small shovel in the trunk in case you get snowed in or in case the city plow trucks swing by the road your parked and build a wall of snow around your precious Lexus. Being unable to drive no where near the minumum speed limits because of bad road conditions. Or what about dodging all the icicles falling off of that truck in front of you on the highway cuz the damn truck driver was too lazy to clean off the snow on his truck. Having to say a prayer every time you lane change cuz your cars squirm over the snow piles between each lane. Having to stop a zillion miles before you usually do because you know you'll slide part of the way. But hey find an empty K-Mart parking lot with fresh snow and you'll get awesome fun donuts in the snow. Or what about the hassle of having to enter your cars from the passenger side cuz your driver side doors a frozen shut. How about rocking your cars back and forth to get out of that parking spot surrounded buy piles of snow. Or worse yet flagging down someone to push you out. Yes some of us have SUVs, but here in my family my wife gets the truck for the winter.

I know you Cali guys are jealous of this. You and your summy 70+ degree weather, with mini skirts left and right, having to decide between air conditioner or sun roof. I'm in the midwest (Chicago) and it's starting to get mighty cold and flurries are starting to fall.

Gotta go swap my tires now.

·
Registered
242 Posts
We just had two parties for my son's and daughter's birthdays back to back yesterday afternoon. Flawless blue skies, 75 degrees F, air so clear it hurt. Tilted up a 25' portable rock wall with three automatically-belayed climbing sites and ran 38 kids up an down it for two hours, sweating my buns in shorts and a T-shirt. 'Sposed to be warmer today.

But we also pay one of the very highest energy rates in the country, Premium is very rare under $2.00 per gallon, sales tax is 7.75%, housing is one of the country's ten most expensive yet salaries are actually sub-par. It's called the "sunshine tax".

Really, it's the sh!ts out here. I'd leave if I could. It's way too crowded. Don't even visit - downtown Philadelphia is *much* nicer. Yeah, yeah, that's it :).

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Freezing my ass off already and it's only November.

I might drive to Cali.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Born in Jersey, raised in LA, live in San Francisco. I'll take the $2.23 gas prices, 8.5% sales tax, $500,000 minimum price tag on a livable house, and the threat of a disastrous earthquake. The weather is beautiful, the women are beautiful, the scenery is beautiful...and life...BEAUTIFUL.
Anytime any of you people in the frozen tundra warming your privates in fear that they may fall off feel like taking a trip out to The City by the Bay, let us know...we'll have some COLD margaritas and some HOT women waiting...

------------------
-jb-
'01 Black Onyx

·
Registered
53 Posts
Cali? Orlando, FL is the place to be. It was 79 degrees here yesterday. 45 minutes from the beach. No earthquakes. Low cost of living. Avg. new 3br home $130K, Gas @ $1.47/gal. Disney, Universal, etc.

I was born/raised in Chicago (Hyde Park & SW burbs), though, so I know what you're talking about.

------------------
Tony Mack
'01 SBM IS
'92 Prelude

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by Tony Mack:
Cali? Orlando, FL is the place to be. It was 79 degrees here yesterday. 45 minutes from the beach. No earthquakes. Low cost of living. Avg. new 3br home $130K, Gas @ $1.47/gal. Disney, Universal, etc.

I was born/raised in Chicago (Hyde Park & SW burbs), though, so I know what you're talking about.

Hurricanes, lightning and hicks

[From TEG: Add humidity, totally flat, and what about the job market? ]

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited November 20, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by mkaufman:

Really, it's the sh!ts out here. I'd leave if I could. It's way too crowded. Don't even visit - downtown Philadelphia is *much* nicer. Yeah, yeah, that's it :).
M-
Couldn't you think of less hospitable cities than Philly??? Like New York or Rochester (hehe Chrome)? I wouldn't live in downtown Philly either, but this general area is great - lots of culture, beautiful change of seasons. Come on!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
saltedeggman
I just moved a year ago to Streamwood (next suburb over from Schaumburg). I used lived in Chicago, Ravensood area.

·
Registered
697 Posts
wazzup,

near woodfield mall? i just been to AMC30 this week for a movie

[This message has been edited by saltedeggman (edited November 20, 2000).]

·
Registered
53 Posts
Originally posted by cardinal_creek:
Hurricanes, lightning and hicks

Since Orlando isn't on the coast, hurricanes aren't really an issue. I bet you have lightning where you live too.

I can't argue with the hicks comment. But at least it's hot here.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
saltedeggman

AMC30 is a 2 minute drive from my place.
But I don't drive my IS300 to AMC30. Too many jealous people there. I know of people who had their cars keyed there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts