Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so me and michael(Bumblecat, who is now boosted) seem to be the only people on this whole forum who run the Megan Racing exhaust...no, neither of us bought the actual catback, we both got the Carbon Muffler w/ SLAnted Titanium Tip put on with 2.5inch piping...

some of you guys have been real curious,..well here it is. some of you may like, and some of you may not...but here it is, my custom exhaust (Megan Racing Y Pipe /w 2.5 Custom Megan Exhaust):

[the numbers that im saying, are the RPMS at which my friend is revving to]

http://media.putfile.com/Picture-0213050

hmm so let me know how ya like that...

also, i happen to have gotten a clip of my injen Gen3. i noticed people have been lookin for clips of this intake..so here it is...( my exhaust is blockin out a good amount of the intake noise):

http://media.putfile.com/Picture-02059

mm hmm?

and this is just for sh*ts and g*ggles..excuse my friends squeeling...he thought i was trying to pull a 180 but i was just trying to slide it...and i yeah...stepped on the wrong peddle...instead of gas i hit brakes... =D

http://media.putfile.com/Picture-0231693

so let me know what you think...=D

-Aaron

Reactions: kponti

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Lmao..."Holy shiet....you did a 90"....nice vids!!! Get a new intake filter lol. Did a dog think ur filter was a bone or something? +rep
ah shucks...You must show some love to other members before giving it to onyxaltezza again.

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
baadhabit said:
sounds raspy.
ALMOST ALL EXHAUSTS on the IS sounds raspy with a Y-pipe. Exceptions are the L-tuned and some chambered ones (definately not the Greddy-raspy as hell).

+rep to you onyxaltezza, sounds just like any of the high dollar ones. An offroad y-pipe on my dragger will sound exactly like that. Actually just about all the HKS products will sound like that with a Y-pipe. Proved yet again the price does not determine sound lol.

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
kponti said:
ALMOST ALL EXHAUSTS on the IS sounds raspy with a Y-pipe. Exceptions are the L-tuned and some chambered ones (definately not the Greddy-raspy as hell).

+rep to you onyxaltezza, sounds just like any of the high dollar ones. An offroad y-pipe on my dragger will sound exactly like that. Actually just about all the HKS products will sound like that with a Y-pipe. Proved yet again the price does not determine sound lol.
Greddy Evo2, w/ Pro1 header and Y-pipe.. = Not Raspy... ask Aaron or check out my exhaust clip.
http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=263781

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
lol aaron...trying to get that rep back up to 999 again I see. Man they sure jacked you in that other thread...that's almost 200 neg rep points....

Back on topic though, I'm having trouble viewing the videos.

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
rllinghardis300 said:
Greddy Evo2, w/ Pro1 header and Y-pipe.. = Not Raspy... ask Aaron or check out my exhaust clip.
http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=263781
Dont know what you did to yours or if the video was in or out of the car, but it sounds A LOT BETTER than any greddy I have heard with a Y-pipe.

Oh yeah just read about the custom resonator (not Greddy's).

Was the video shot inside the car or out?

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
kponti said:
Dont know what you did to yours or if the video was in or out of the car, but it sounds A LOT BETTER than any greddy I have heard with a Y-pipe.

Oh yeah just read about the custom resonator (not Greddy's).

Was the video shot inside the car or out?
That's also cause he's supercharged ;)

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah but i dunno. thinking bout takin out y pipe and puttin in headers =D..will take out raspiness?

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
onyxaltezza said:
yeah but i dunno. thinking bout takin out y pipe and puttin in headers =D..will take out raspiness?
yeah most likely since your putting back on the stock-y
aftermarket headers + stock-y should yield better gains that what you have now

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah ive heard..but i still love the throaty sound im getting right now..think xerd headers might add a bit of rasp...

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
onyxaltezza said:
yeah ive heard..but i still love the throaty sound im getting right now..think xerd headers might add a bit of rasp...
then go with tbko or toyomoto headers
tbko, shorter runners for more low end power
toyo, longer runners for up top power

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
i got injen gen 3 with toyo headers and y pipe and hks hiper....my setup is not raspy at all...ive heard many with my same setup ...most of them were raspy...civic sounding almost...i guess im a lucky one...i sometimes get a hint of rasp right at redline but thats it...ure exaust is not that bad....how much did it cost for the can and piping?

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
muffler retails like almost $200 but i got hooked up for $100, and then the piping everything at the shop was another $130.

not bad for me..i love it... =D

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah its raspy, from that angle, but i have one where the camea is right by the muffler,...trying to upload it but its too big for putfile so gota make another smaller clip

1 - 18 of 18 Posts