Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im picking up my srt from mr crontab today if their is anyone who can help me put it in (bc i have bad luck with doing things myself) i will throw ya some loot or help you out in anyway. im in NY 2 mins from the palisades mall...i can come to jersey as well im always in clifton. any help would be appreciated...ill read the install thread and attempt it. haha. post or pm. thanks.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
lusciouslex04 said:
im picking up my srt from mr crontab today if their is anyone who can help me put it in (bc i have bad luck with doing things myself) i will throw ya some loot or help you out in anyway. im in NY 2 mins from the palisades mall...i can come to jersey as well im always in clifton. any help would be appreciated...ill read the install thread and attempt it. haha. post or pm. thanks.
I can help you out with this, I've done it many times now.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
^^^^jr would be your best bet, and he def has the install down to a science

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I also can install the SRT Intake I have done many. Junior actually lives close by can both give you a hand?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys ill pm you and ill meet ya over in westchester or something

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the concern guys....i actually installed it with one of my friends...seems to be okay but anytime anyone can just double check everything for me that would be great. just wanna c if everything sounds right...looks right...and what not. thanks.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
lusciouslex04 said:
thanks for the concern guys....i actually installed it with one of my friends...seems to be okay but anytime anyone can just double check everything for me that would be great. just wanna c if everything sounds right...looks right...and what not. thanks.
did you solder the connections as well?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
lusciouslex04 said:

If you want I am getting out of work aorund 1pm today and can have a look at it and make sure all is nice! Hit me up on pm. I will have access to my laptop till around noon....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea the soldiering went ok i mean my friend did it and nothing seemed to be wrong. the ecu is in.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
lusciouslex04 said:
yea the soldiering went ok i mean my friend did it and nothing seemed to be wrong. the ecu is in.

So what aren't you sure about regarding the install then?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its just the power isnt what i expected i guess? i mean it is def a difference but i mean with the srt and hks hiper what kind of gains do you think i got? it sounds pretty mean and crontab told me its like 300-400 miles till the air/fuel ratios are the same..and itll be better then. at first he soldiered something wrong...like we put 2 wires together...wouldnt go over 3rpms and the engine light was on and TRAC was blinking. we fixed it and then everything ran perfect. just wondering if that may have messed anything up. guess im jus paranoid ive had so much stuff happen to my IS my dad'll shoot me if i have any engine problems.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
lusciouslex04 said:
its just the power isnt what i expected i guess? i mean it is def a difference but i mean with the srt and hks hiper what kind of gains do you think i got? it sounds pretty mean and crontab told me its like 300-400 miles till the air/fuel ratios are the same..and itll be better then. at first he soldiered something wrong...like we put 2 wires together...wouldnt go over 3rpms and the engine light was on and TRAC was blinking. we fixed it and then everything ran perfect. just wondering if that may have messed anything up. guess im jus paranoid ive had so much stuff happen to my IS my dad'll shoot me if i have any engine problems.

Just disconnect the battery and stand on the brake for 10 seconds to drain remaining power then reconnect the battery 10-15 minutes later.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
k ill try that out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts