Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well plp had the grand opening in the new shop today, very nice turn out.... Lots of GS models and IS

Well this was really cool to see both cars in action

PFS stage 1

and

PLP powerdyne

no flagger involved but, the powerdyne with 2 people in the car vs the PFS1 with 1 person in the car happend. Powerdyne seems to be very fast off the line and the pfs gains some ground in 3rd gear, but all in all the Powerdyne won more times. Soon to come , pics. Im sure someone out of the 50 people will get pics up of the race.

Vortech on the other hand killed it.

I must say the PFS pulls hard though.

If anyone from the meet would like me to host the pics

send them to [email protected]

thank
David

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
Driver credentials?
Both Auto or Manual or different?

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This was just for kicks.

123 go type of deal.

both auto, i kno the plp powerdyne was auto for sure.

The only time the PFS had a jump was on the start, kinda like an early lead

my car will be getting the powerdyne

my project car gets the pfs3

love it!

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
James Hong said:
pfs stage 1 was tuned, right? :eek:

The owner said he has a tech who installed it and works on it.

both kits are nice, both pull good

cali people should look at both, but for smog and state ref issues the plp is the way to go.

David

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
That's cool. Finally a somewhat real world situation with the PLP Powerdyne. And what's great is that it doesn't need to be "tuned". For guys like me who are not comfortable underneath the hood and needs an ultra-reliable car for work and personal use, I am waiting for the chance (and $$$) to get the PLP S/C!

Question, how did the PLP sound at WOT and did it have an aftermarket exhaust?

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
both had exhausts, the plp had a hiper

not sure on the pfs.

sounds mean but also quiet if that means shit?

david

·
Registered
271 Posts
in all 4 races the PLP was ahead.. one of them were really dangerous, as the Vortech lost traction in second gear

the first race was really close with Solomon driving.. he was barely ahead by half of a hood by the time he reached where I was.. which was pretty far out there towards the end of the race

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
the powerdyne was was badass and way exceeded my expectations. Its perferct for someone like me who wants the car to have more power, but feel like it came that way from the factory.

After Mike revved the vortec, when the guy (sorry, didn't catch your name) revved the powerdyne, it was completely silent and sounded almost stock. It had a nice growl, but none of the whine or hiss that the vortec had. I was :p :p :p all over myself!

And the first race with Mike was crazy... when he broke traction in second gear, you could hear everybody gasp... it looked close from where I was standing.

And when they both raced back towards the shop, as they passed me, I was pelted by a nice shower of rocks :crazy:

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
is300soon said:
my car will be getting the powerdyne

my project car gets the pfs3
^ wut a baller :eek:

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
come on people
we need pictures and videos here

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

plp front, pfs rear very end of race.

start of plp vortech vs pfs1

not sure if this was before or after the plp got a little off track or not, i was to busy wanting to get the hell out of the way. This may not be to correct, as the pfs1 driver did slow down when mike came across, but he had many lengths on him before it happend.

thats all i have , the rest were all blurred.

thanks
David

·
Registered
696 Posts
First, I like to thank Francis, the owner of the Powerdyne, for letting me test-drive the car. And good job to Mike and PLP for a great grand opening.

OK NOW BUSINESS:

-PLP Powerdyne is 2001 auto w/hiper exhaust. He had 18 inch Versus Wheels, 18x9 in the rear. everything else stock.

PFS stage 1 was NOT tuned. He did however had the Valve-body upgrade also done by PFS. 5zigen exhaust, stock wheels, stillen kit. cf hood.

1st race: driving the PLP powerdyne, i jumped on him but his tranny shifted hard and faster into second gear and caught up. All the way down till the end of third gear, i was no more than a half a car length ahead.

2nd race: again we both launch and were neck and neck down. But by the end, i was ahead by a car or more... maybe he left off, dunno.

These 2 times I drove the Powerdyne, I had an extra passenger in the car.

Overall, the 245 whp is very noticable. The unit is so quiet, it's merely stock. At WOT, it has a little bit of high pitch... and nothing more. For ppl that are lookin for a bit more UMPHHH, Powerdyne is a good choice.

Francis, i wanted to race u with my car and see the differences. Maybe next time, without the CHP on our a$$es.. Thanks again and I contact u this week.

Nice seeing everyone old and new, much repect for the LA cars that came up for this event. See u all next time.

sOlo

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
solo said:
First, I like to thank Francis, the owner of the Powerdyne, for letting me test-drive the car. And good job to Mike and PLP for a great grand opening.

OK NOW BUSINESS:

-PLP Powerdyne is 2001 auto w/hiper exhaust. He had 18 inch Versus Wheels, 18x9 in the rear. everything else stock.

PFS stage 1 was NOT tuned. He did however had the Valve-body upgrade also done by PFS. 5zigen exhaust, stock wheels, stillen kit. cf hood.

1st race: driving the PLP powerdyne, i jumped on him but his tranny shifted hard and faster into second gear and caught up. All the way down till the end of third gear, i was no more than a half a car length ahead.

2nd race: again we both launch and were neck and neck down. But by the end, i was ahead by a car or more... maybe he left off, dunno.

Overall, the 245 whp is very noticable. The unit is so quiet, it's merely stock. At WOT, it has a little bit of high pitch... and nothing more. For ppl that are lookin for a bit more UMPHHH, Powerdyne is a good choice.

Francis, i wanted to race u with my car and see the differences. Maybe next time, without the CHP on our a$$es.. Thanks again and I contact u this week.

Nice seeing everyone old and new, much repect for the LA cars that came up for this event. See u all next time.

sOlo
So if it wasn't tuned, does anyone know how much boost it was running? I imagine the oucome of these races would have been VERY different if the PFS car was tuned...am I correct?

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
craniac24 said:
solo said:

OK NOW BUSINESS:

sOlo
So if it wasn't tuned, does anyone know how much boost it was running? I imagine the oucome of these races would have been VERY different if the PFS car was tuned...am I correct?
I agree.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts