Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am giving an offer to IS300 2001 (if things work out buying the car tomorrow).
But feel little tensed since it is a used car.

Here are the details of the offer.
2001/IS300/39000/Silver-Black-int/everything except heated seats/
a very small rock chip(only saw after the owner/private party pointed it
out) on the front side of the car. I agreed to pay 20000 even.
(it is little less than PPV value)

Let me know what you do think. You have 3 choice,

- YES I think it is a good offer (reason)
- NO I don't think it is a good offer (reasons please)
- CONSIDER THIS THING BEFORE BUYING

I promise I wont ask the same questions again to this group :)
Your inputs will be valuable.

Thanks
K

·
Registered
326 Posts
Buy Mine which is an 02, 9,000 LESS miles. Silver/Black. Includes Heated Seats, Includes Power Seats, Includes Full Leather, AND Includes Navigation! :eek: For only 5,000 More. $25,000 EVEN. Thats $1,250 less than KBB.

Kevin

·
8,852 Posts
Buy it!
It is a good deal.
My dealer took my 2001 IS trade for $18,000 with 56K miles (7 months ago) with some minor damage.

I don't suppose it is LSD equipped, considering there was a limited number of those in 2001.

·
8,852 Posts
Re: Thanks

ebay_krish said:
Guys, Thanks for your replies.

Any idea which is the easiest way to check whether Limited Slip Diff option is there in the car?

Thanks again
-K
There is a way by the VIN sticker on the door. Some number B01, etc.

Searching...

Search does not work - returns some unrelated threads.
Would someone help?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Look on the bottom sill when you open the drivers door there is a sticker there. Look for a code either B02A or B02C. If it is B02A it means it does not have LSD. B02C means you have LSD. Don't be let down if its not LSD equipped. Its really hard to find an 01 that actually has it; believe me I have looked at many before I bought mine and not one had it.

The price sounds good to me especially if its in nice shape and you really like the car. It's not a bad deal at all. I think you should go for it if its really what you want. I would rather pay a little more and get the car I really want then try to get the best deal possible on a car i'm really not crazy about. :D Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.