Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just signed on to the Lexus IS300 team. Plunked down my coin last night for a new yellow, with black leather.
I haven't heard much buzz here about this colour, seems the silver and blue are the big choices. I know amougst the Miata enthusiasts ( my other car...red), the yellow is one of the more desirable colors.
I love it, and can't wait to get it next week.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yellow rules! I don't have one because they aren't making many, I didn't want to wait and I basically chickened out. If you're going to get attention anyway, might as well go all the way.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
its not always negative.....read all of my posts then huh? you just tend to notice the negative...i'm expressing an opinion, do you have a problem with that? i dont' have a problem with the IS but when i saw a yellow one the first thing that came to mind was seriously taxi

·
Registered
323 Posts
im an is owner, so i wont be baggin on the car, but i was thinkin if i got a yellow one i would cuztomize my license plate to say "MY TAXI"

mike

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Most of the yellow taxis I see have more orange/red pigment in the paint.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I was confused myself. I liked all the colors at the Lexus ride and drive event, frankly I wasn't sure which one to get. From the Mica Blue, to the Graphite, to the Yellow, they all looked so nice. I settled for black, since I've never owned a black car, and I fell in love with mine the moment I lay eyes on it.
As I mentioned in my post, there's plenty of yellows being shipped to the NY/NJ/CT area. I see them at the Toyota lot on my way to work. And in a sea of cars, they sure as hell stand out.
If you get a yellow, consider yourself lucky.
And don't worry about those "taxi" comments...

Enjoy
black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
626 Posts
To me, Silver is the color of choice. I just got my Silver/Black IS last week. I never really liked silver until I saw it on the IS300.

The color coordinates well with the other trim on the car. The grill, rims and the interior all coordinate with silver or Graphite Grey.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just bought my one year old a Talking Laa-Laa... I was considering Laa-Laa as my license tag... hmmm.

I honestly can't imagine the car in any color other than yellow. I've seen a couple on the road and mine just seems sportier. My wife said that I'll have a hard time getting my next car unless it's got a wild color. She digs the yellow too.

Just wish the paint wasn't chipping away, another 4 months and it should be black up front
Hopefully Lexus will hear the complaints about the paint and anty up.

------------------
2001 Lexus IS300
Solar Yellow Exterior
Black Leather/Escaine
LD/LS/HH/SR/AW
wheel locks, trunk mat

[This message has been edited by F8L (edited August 28, 2000).]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts