Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, ok this is the situation, i have Crystal white Is & some how i end up with yellow spots on the side of my rear bumper & so far i have tried every wax to rubbing alcahol to remove them but, nothing worked any suggestion how to remove those nasty spots. I think it's road tar or maybe tree sap...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Have you tried a rubbing compound. I also have a crystal white and often get those yellow stains. I use swirl remover and wax it after that. It comes out very easily.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
strykrIS300...thanks god bro, i am glad you know what i am talking about,what can i say, i bought the car not even 3 weeks..and every time i take my car out i end up getting those nasty yellow spot on both side of the bumper...& you know, i tried every thing from paint thinner to rubbing alcohol..but, damn the spot just wont go away. But, speaking of rubbing compound / swirl remover which brand do you use. Cause this spots are driving me crazy. By the way do u know if Lexus makes mud guard for Is300..personally i think mud guard just simply kills the looks of the Is however from what i am guessing perhaps that's the only way to solve this matter. Anyways thanks .

·
Registered
265 Posts
3KGTO said:
strykrIS300...thanks god bro, i am glad you know what i am talking about,what can i say, i bought the car not even 3 weeks..and every time i take my car out i end up getting those nasty yellow spot on both side of the bumper...& you know, i tried every thing from paint thinner to rubbing alcohol..but, damn the spot just wont go away. But, speaking of rubbing compound / swirl remover which brand do you use. Cause this spots are driving me crazy. By the way do u know if Lexus makes mud guard for Is300..personally i think mud guard just simply kills the looks of the Is however from what i am guessing perhaps that's the only way to solve this matter. Anyways thanks .
I use some 3m swirl remover and use meguiars gold class wax. As far as the mud guards, I would call your local lexus dealer parts department to see if lexus makes them. I also have had my car for a short amount of time. I hit the one month mark a couple days ago.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figured my problem out, the reason i had those yellow stops on my rear side bumper, cause i spray those Black majic tire shine spray all over my tires, however during the process the spray got in the bumber...& rest is a nightmare...

But, mine wasn't that bad thanks god...However it took me two weeks to get them off but, i finally have those spots removed. The best & i think safe way to remove those stops are use small amount of mineral sprit and then use tar remover...and eventually it will dissapear.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
most likely oversrapy from somewhere; could be indutry fallouts...

Use claybar, which should rid of surface contaminant...Make sure you use lots of lubricant.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts