Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really want solar yellow, but i dont want 67 tickets and doubled insurance. i hear horror stories about being pulled over for going 2mph over.......and singled out while going with the flow. any stories to confirm or deny these would be greatly appreciated.

especially in so cali.......thanks

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Listen to this:
$200 ticket cop said I was doing 52 mph in a 30 mph zone....keep in mind I was rolling of a dead stop when he pulled me over..go figure that one out(0-50 in 2 seconds?
?...trust me I get snagged over daily for routine registration checks etc.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
I got pulled over for doing 52 in a 35 zone a few days ago. I had just taken a shower and had changed so I left my wallet in my other pants. No license with me.

I was very straightforward with him...
He saw that I had a cute girl in the car, he ran my registration and said..."slow down".

Cops aren't all bad. If you have nothing to hide, you've got nothing to worry about. If you've got 3 bodies in your trunk, expect to get caught. I saw a girl get arrested yesterday night for having some sh** in her trunk.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just remember that you are going to stand out in a crowd... that's the whole reason you buy a yellow car to begin with. I had the car 2 days and was pulled over for 80 in a 45 construction zone... I didn't realize that I was in construction zone!

Lady cop was pretty cool about it though (cute too
). She wrote me the ticket for 80 in a 60, no construction zone. Remember that in Texas the fines double in a construction zone so she saved about $250 on that alone. I can't complain cuz I was hauling ass!

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
RED AND YELLOW

Cop Bait!

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
umm.. actually, I speed once to the airport and the cop came after me, then just drove past my car. He's a really nice guy.

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
Originally posted by chromaplast:
umm.. actually, I speed once to the airport and the cop came after me, then just drove past my car. He's a really nice guy.
Excellent Smithers... <tapping finger tips>

That's good news for both of us!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Cool color. Unfortunately, you'll need to deal with sticking out like a sore thumb. If that's what you like, then Solar Yellow is definitely the color for you. On the other hand, I don't care who you are... if you see that color on the road, you *have* to look at it.
A good thing if you like showing off... bling bling... and all that other crap. A bad thing because cops will also notice you a bit more, too.

I, on the other hand, don't like sticking out in a crowd. I like blending in if at all possible. My GGP helps me do this...
But it's still an IS. So it stands out just enough. heh heh...

Scott.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Right IS, I have been pulled over five times since i bought the car over 8 months ago, and after asking the officer why I was really pulled over, three of them, who were in their earily 30's and the other two were in their late 40's, three of them admitted that they wanted a closer look at the car. the other two thought I was being a smart ass and searched me, But I live in South Beach and the cops here are real D!cks. But whatever, don't let that change your decision, their gonna pull you over no matter what car your in, just maybe a little more with bright colors.

But I wouldn't change this color for nothing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alright cool.......im feeling a little bit better now. i just dont want to be going with the flow, 70 on the 65mph freeway, and be pulled over and given a $300 ticket and stuff. so far none of you has had that happen. around here, ive only seen like 3 ISs in the past 2 months, one of which is another yellow one.
hopefully the lady driving it isnt like a serial killer or something

thanks for the feedback

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
11 Participants
RightIS
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing