Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my springs put on finally and this is how they look:

And here's one of the painted fogs. I used a spray paint that's used for staining glass. They turned out very nice:

Let me know what you think. I'm still iffy on the black rims, but I think when I get the CF hood and trunk it will look sick.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
baadhabit said:
whats the benifit of using paint instead of a sticker like colored 3m tapes?

To be honest the film overlays would be better cause no matter what there is going to be some rock chips etc...

And with paint, will be a little more hassle to remove and repaint, with the overlays just get more vinyl and peel it back off

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
I like the fogs a lot but I prefer just doing the fog mod and having the housings painted black.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
looks nice!! i like ur drop, and rims! but i think u should paint ur headlights, fogs and tail black to match ur rims, and tints

oh yea, take out ur grill and paint it black! cheapest way that will make ur car looks nicer!

mine is the MSM IS with black heads/fogs. I painted my stock grill and it turn out really nice.

+rep for the nice drop!

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
black rims are ghey

kidding....car is looking good. good start!

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GutterMouth said:
Oh yeah how do they(fogs) look at night?
Ill try and find a night pic. I noticed that they are yellow'er than stock. And in the day time they have a yellow/blackish/green gleam to them. They look surreal almost. They radiate and make the car stand out.
Here's one at night - sorry I don't have a front shot of them:

And here's one that captures the depth and gleam of the yellow:

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
01MsMIS said:
looks nice!! i like ur drop, and rims! but i think u should paint ur headlights, fogs and tail black to match ur rims, and tints

oh yea, take out ur grill and paint it black! cheapest way that will make ur car looks nicer!

mine is the MSM IS with black heads/fogs. I painted my stock grill and it turn out really nice.

+rep for the nice drop!
I'm going to get my headlights painted flat black eventually. I'm going to do that the same time I install the DDE's. Smoked clear corners are coming, and the grill is going to be replaced with a CF one once I get my CF hood and trunk! :)
Do you have any more pics of the front of your car?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts