Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see a lot of ppl having yellow fog light, i think its tight, couple questions, is it just a yellow tint over the fog light or is the whole thing changed? does it use stock light or hid? will it look good with hid? and will it look good on a gray (stony granite mica) is? thx in advance :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
there's a lot of info if you just search FOG LIGHTS. u'll get results from changing factory fogs to HIDs, replacing the halogen bulbs it self (there's even a diy thread on how to replace fog bulbs) and etc. i personally changed my fogs to nokya hyper yellow bulbs (my car is obsidian btw) and i think it looks great with the factory HIDS. i personally don't like the yellow overlays u put on becuz it really depends on what color ur car is. if u hav starfire pearl or obsidian, i think it'll look good (plus it'll give it a nice jdm/euro look to the car; if thats the style ur going for) but since u hav sgm, i don't think it'll look good imo. but remember, use the SEARCH function, itssss is your friend!!! :p

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have HID set up for my fog with 3000K bulb and 6000k for my lowbeam. IMO, for being a high output light inside a reflector bowl originally designed for halogen bulb. Flares are horrible, the yellow light ruin the output of my low beam, everything turn yellow. To keep it, I had to aim the fog light beam lower to the ground and raise the lowbeam cut off a lil higher. I love the look of it too. And trust me, if you end up driving under heavy rain or foggy condition, yellow fog light is a lot of help.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i just have a tint over mine, imo yellow goes good with almost everything, test it out, if you dont like it take off the vinyl its only like 10bucks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put the yellow tint on mine just to make sure I'd like it after more than a few days - USB looks great with yellow and now I am looking into actually swapping the lights out versus the tint...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts