Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I searched it but it won't let me search Keywords "changes" and "Year-To-Year"... I am sure there is a thread about this. What are the changes? I am looking at picking one up soon but didn't know if there was one to stay away from or what?

·
Registered
34 Posts
if youre deciding between 06-08, id go with 08. theres nothing significant that changed. one of the selling points for myself on a 2008 model would be HIDs (almost always standard) and the liquid graphite finish on the 18s.

also, if you purchased used youd be the second owner, kinda sucks for resell, so id go with new. according to a few salesman at my dealership nows the time to start buying the cars before the 09s come out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if youre deciding between 06-08, id go with 08. theres nothing significant that changed. one of the selling points for myself on a 2008 model would be HIDs (almost always standard) and the liquid graphite finish on the 18s.

also, if you purchased used youd be the second owner, kinda sucks for resell, so id go with new. according to a few salesman at my dealership nows the time to start buying the cars before the 09s come out.
Is there much of a change in 09 coming? I really am not wanting to spend over 31,000 on one.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
This is off the top of my head but should be most of it

06 to 07 changes-

Added a button to -actually- disable traction control/VSC
Added sharkfin antenna for XM
Added dash light to indicate fog lights on
Added X package option
Blue Onyx Pearl replaced with Black Sapphire Metallic
Black Onyx replaced with Obsidian
Crystal White replaced with Starfire Pearl

07 to 08 changes-

Added liquid graphite finish to wheels
Changed front seatbacks for more rear legroom
Added coinholder on dash
Improved steering feel (heavier)
Changed illiuminated scuff plate lights from blue to white
Mystic Gold Metallic replaced with Golden Almond Metallic
Mid-cycle change in 08 to use black carpet in cashmere interior cars instead of cashmere carpet

HIDs were available every single year of production; Contents of the Luxury and Sport packages haven't changed in any year of production.

All of the above is for the RWD versions; the AWD is optioned differently and kinda weirdly and I don't recall changes made.

Nobody knows what changes will be in the 09s yet; If last year is any indication this info won't be available before late June/Early July.

And for $33000 you might get a completely stripped base model IS350, if you can find one... other than that you'd be looking used. And that's $33000 before TTL. If you want $33,000 out the door as your MAX price you're not getting a new IS350.

·
Registered
34 Posts
$31k will be EXTREMELY difficult to get even a used IS350. youre gonna be looking at used IS250s.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
07 to 08 changes-

Added liquid graphite finish to wheels
Mid-cycle change in 08 to use black carpet in cashmere interior cars instead of cashmere carpet
Hi... I'm getting myself in the IS350 market (determining if a used or a new car is best for me), but I wanted to know the following:

1) is it possible to delete the graphite finish on the 18-inch wheels (the '08 MY car doesn't look good the Breakwater Blue Metallic exterior) and have the standard silver paint?

2) Can I assume that pre-mid 08MY, there may be some vehicles left over with the cashmere carpeting? Was there a build date for the change over?

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
I don't know the build date change for the carpet, though I'm sure there must be one.... My car was delivered first week of October and had Cashmere... I started seeing reports on the forums of black carpet a couple of months ago though.

All the wheels are graphite for 08... but you might find a dealer willing to swap wheels from a used 06-07 for you. If not I'm SURE you can find an 06-07 owner on here willing to do so as most prefer the 08 finish.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't know the build date change for the carpet, though I'm sure there must be one.... My car was delivered first week of October and had Cashmere... I started seeing reports on the forums of black carpet a couple of months ago though.

All the wheels are graphite for 08... but you might find a dealer willing to swap wheels from a used 06-07 for you. If not I'm SURE you can find an 06-07 owner on here willing to do so as most prefer the 08 finish.
Hmmm... I've gone through the used cars through out the USA, and found a striking contrast of Breakwater Blue with the silver and liquid graphite finish:

2008 MY with Liquid Graphite

2008 MY with Silver (is this really a '08 MY?)

I'm assuming that I have to wait till June/July to get an idea what's in store for 2009 MY cars? There isn't a separate code for silver and liquid graphite rims that perhaps I can order. Not sure if I want to "trade" with someone's 06/07 rims, as I don't their history (although a thorough visual inspection would be a good start).

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Yeah, the sharkfin thing is on my list... I do need to edit it to add one more though- 06 to 07 they added a dash light to indicate fogs were on.

09 info should be out late june/early july, with the first actual cars arriving in the US last week of september/first week of october... if last year was any indication anyway.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Anyone have info to update this to 2010? We are looking at low milege 350's.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Anyone have info to update this to 2010? We are looking at low milege 350's.
Off the top of my head-

08->09 changes:

18" wheels changed to the hideous lobster claws

Cashmere interior replaced with Ecru

Couple new exterior colors available

New interior wood trim color offered

Paddles now operate while in D

Aux/Power jacks in center console relocated to be less dumb

Mid-model face lift (which means front/rear bumpers, grill, lights, etc had cosmetic changes)... also interior face lift includes changed vents and trim around the center stack.

09->10 changes:

Pretty much all related to the entertainment stuff... Nav is supposedly HD based, features on nav from this century like realtime traffic now available (though it's still well behind features on a Garmin)...ipod/USB integration included, and BT now available without nav.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts