Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm driving home on the express way and WAMMMM! Sounded like glass or some shizzle... I notice my tires blown the f* out, and get to the side of the road.

Take a look at this POS. I'm so mad.

I just got new tires about a week ago along w/ an alignment.

I had the mofo towed home.

I'm just gonna have it parked and drive around a beater. I mean, the brakes will be here tomorrow, the stereo needs to be done, and I have to buy a new rim and tire now. WTF. Cars are the biggest money pit mofo I tell ya.

Anyway, I took a couple pic's this morning w/ my phone... in the last one, you can see the FMIC. Looks coo'

Anyone wanna buy my rims now?!?! SALE! SALE!

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/mattsis2002 Do "My Photos", pic's 4-7.

The shows how much the evo sticks out w/ the SRT midpipe. Gay. It hits the suspension and it vibrates and sounds like crap. PFS, what up turbo exhaust!

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Matt, first I am sorry for the misfortune and I have been there. :( Now, before you trash the wheel you may want to contact wheel technologies of Texas. The fixed my wheel that was badly damaged and it only cost $150 and they paid for shipping back. Let me know what they say.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info! I will give them a call.

I drove by twice today and didn't notice ANYTHING?!?!

Yet, yesterday, there were 2 other people on the side of the road w/ me replacing tires. There HAD to be something.

I went back today w/ a camcorder to capture it to hopefully get the city to pay...

not so much ;(

·
Premium Member
5,099 Posts
That sucks Matt!

I had Ace Spades on my last car, and hit a pothole and my rim looked just like yours... Took it to a place to try to have it fixed, but unfortunately they were not able to. They said that the wheel was not of good enough quality, and it broke as they were trying to fix it. I hope you have better luck than me if you decide to have it fixed.

Your phone takes some pretty good pics. I like that pic with the FMIC... That hood paint looks somewhat familiar... :wink:

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These wheels have been awesome!

I've hit some huge things with these and never had a problem. I really wish I knew what I hit this time. I've never had the rim bend or anything to where it coldn't balance, etc.

Although, with the factory rims, those things bent all over the place.

Eh. . Stupid cars.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Dam man, so sorry to hear that....

Hope things go well for you...

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
agent009_98 said:
geez dude, sorry to hear that...

where were you driving?

696W between Dequindre and Mound. 3AM, no one on the road...but 3 people w/ flats.

I'm sayin' hmmmm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.