Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone. quick question about the megan racing y-pipe. if any of you have it did it throw your check engine light? if so did you get an o2 sim to take care of that problem. cause i though o2 sim wasn't needed. cause i'm thinking its either my y-pipe or me needing a new filter for my AEM.. please let me know any details.. thanks. peace!
-jerms

·
Registered
518 Posts
so let me get this straight. You got a check engine light and you have a megan race pipe and an aem intake installed? But to answer your q, the megan race pipe does not require an 02 sim, no race pipes do that i know of. Be sure to check to make sure ther are no leaks in the race pipe and make sure all the screws, etc. on that intake are ok.

Also, did you just clean your filter recently? you might've over oiled it. If you didn't clean it, try cleaning it (you can probably use a K&N oil filter cleaning kit found at any pep boys or store like that)

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Hey bro. It's not your y-pipe. It's your intake bro. You either got too much oil on your MAF sensor or the radiator fan is blowing too much hot air into your intake. Hit me up bro, I'll try to help you fix it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MAF sensor? is that the one in the intake? hmm.. hey can the intake filter be cleaned with a stanley steamer? or is that a bad idea? lol... aren't i an idiot.. but hey if ti saves me like 20 bucks then wtf not..lol.. haha..
-jerms

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Hahaha man, I'll help you clean your filter. I got a K&N recharger kit at home. The MAF sensor is the sensor on the intake pipe. If there's too much oil on it, you'll get bad readings cause your car to get a CEL, stall and bog. You can clean it using electronic cleaner that you get at Radio Shack. Wanna split a bottle? I think I need to clean mine too :lol: They're like $10.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts