Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was gonna get a cam gear installed and tunned and was wondering if anyone recommend this shop xx tuning in CT or is there any other shops that you guys would recommend
thanks

·
Apricot idea killer
18,211 Posts
goohead said:
hey i was gonna get a cam gear installed and tunned and was wondering if anyone recommend this shop xx tuning in CT or is there any other shops that you guys would recommend
thanks
Good place, nice people. I haven't been since they opened their new shop this year. Do a search on here and you'll come up with some good reviews.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
they did a good job on lilis300's SRT turbo kit....good people there....give them a shot!

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I would stay away from them.

They got kicked out of their previous location by the city because they were not legally allowed to operate an automotive shop (this is what I hear, don't know if it's all true)

I went in to their new shop in East Hartford and pretty much said I wanted to have them install a turbo kit on my car. They turned me down and said it was too hard for them to do and that the IS is too labor intensive for them to work on anymore. Even if I had a ready to go turbo kit from another company.

Unless you have a WRX or know the guys who run the shop well I wouldn't go there.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Well, for a simple cam gear install they could most likely do that no problem. I just wouldn't go there for any major work to the car. The cars they put out that are really nice are only like that for the simple reasons that they are friends with the car owners and they get paid a LOT of money to do so.

Hass Motorsports is pretty good I hear.

·
Apricot idea killer
18,211 Posts
FourT6and2 said:
I would stay away from them.

They got kicked out of their previous location by the city because they were not legally allowed to operate an automotive shop (this is what I hear, don't know if it's all true)

I went in to their new shop in East Hartford and pretty much said I wanted to have them install a turbo kit on my car. They turned me down and said it was too hard for them to do and that the IS is too labor intensive for them to work on anymore. Even if I had a ready to go turbo kit from another company.

Unless you have a WRX or know the guys who run the shop well I wouldn't go there.
You should consult someone before you decide to 'think' again, k? You shouldn't talk about a shop like this unless you've actually HAD work done there. You had no work done there and have only "heard" about them, so uh.....stfu.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
adamsheehy said:
You should consult someone before you decide to 'think' again, k? You shouldn't talk about a shop like this unless you've actually HAD work done there. You had no work done there and have only "heard" about them, so uh.....stfu.
Well, I went there to have work done and they refused to do it because they said it was too hard...Even though they have done the same thing to a number of other IS300's.

That's enough experience for me.

I know a few of the guys who own the shop and work there as well.

Everyone in the area knows about XX Tuning it's no secret.

They overcharge and only do good work on cars/people they like.

·
Apricot idea killer
18,211 Posts
FourT6and2 said:
They only do good work on cars/people they like.
Nuff said, jackass....

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hass Motorsports any contact info?

i contacted xx tuning via email and got no response

yeah i tried to search for xx tuning but the search thing just took out the "xx" and i got a whole bunch of other threads instead lol :confused:

·
Apricot idea killer
18,211 Posts
goohead said:
Hass Motorsports any contact info?

i contacted xx tuning via email and got no response
Have you tried contacting Al?? (He's always been good at responding).

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
adamsheehy said:
Have you tried contacting Al?? (He's always been good at responding).

yeah i figure they might be busy so ill just call up... ask for al? should i say you sent me ?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
al's aim SN is al98t seams like a nice guy meet him once when i went to pick up a used turbo kit they unistalled for lil is. they where big into WRX and STI's when i was up there. but al and one of the other guys own a supra im sure they can do a cam gear.

-Brett

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the info guy

haha i never knew berlin turnpike had a website almost as good as drunks.com :)

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
If you're going to talk to XX tuning, make sure you speak directly to Al. I asked for a price quote there to install a turbo kit and the person I spoke to gave me an outrageous quote, almost as much as the turbo kit, and he wasn't sure exactly the amount of work needed to do the install. Overall, removing and installing an exhaust cam gear isn't difficult. It's just you need a dyno to make a base run and to fine tune it to extract all the possible power.

·
Registered
231 Posts
hey man, XX tuning is decent have had few things done there to my car like alingment, and litte odds and ends, nice people. Can be a little expensive. I was going to get my SAFC controlled there, and i got a price for $200 to tune my AFC controller. Yeah but def. talk to AL.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts