Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I just got back from SEMA as of 10 min ago and thought I would share some info with you guys. Here are some pics of the XS Turbo Kit for the IS300, as well as a dyno sheet and some info:

Kit Includes:-FM Intercooler
-Piping
-XS Turbocharger (not sure what size)
-Fuel Management (done by AVO - who is know for tuning WRXs)
-8psi = 353.5 hp

forgot to ask how much .... I'll see if I can find out tomorrow! :wink:

Hope you all like the info! :D

·
$lores amongst us!
10,675 Posts
M3This said:
Wino_II said:
Nice. Wonder how much? $$
I'll try and find out tomorrow :wink:
There is an article in the new issue of SuperStreet, where they take their green cwest is300 to xs for a new turbo install. Well , they state that they are developing a kit for the IS and I think this is the one. They quoted a price of 6500 for their kit. The green is300 put down over 350 rwhp, but they said the kit would only do about 280 at 8psi.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
The green is300 put down over 350 rwhp, but they said the kit would only do about 280 at 8psi.

Only 280? That seems very low for a kit like this (XS uses Garrett turbos, cast manifolds, and at 8 psi).

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
BigJoeD said:
M3This said:
Wino_II said:
Nice. Wonder how much? $$
I'll try and find out tomorrow :wink:
There is an article in the new issue of SuperStreet, where they take their green cwest is300 to xs for a new turbo install. Well , they state that they are developing a kit for the IS and I think this is the one. They quoted a price of 6500 for their kit. The green is300 put down over 350 rwhp, but they said the kit would only do about 280 at 8psi.
Just an FYI, that green IS300 was also in Turbo, it was displaying the PFS turbo kit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
well... w/o the price its not much to compair about.. 280 doesnt sound too good, they already have s/c and turbos that put out way more than that (stage one) soo doesnt seem like a major breakthough.. if its like 2500 .. thats not bad :)

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
M3This said:
-Piping
-8psi = 353.5 hp

forgot to ask how much .... I'll see if I can find out tomorrow!
Last that i read in the magazine i still have, its supposed to be a 28/35 turbine.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AltezzaBob said:
M3This said:
-Piping
-8psi = 353.5 hp

forgot to ask how much .... I'll see if I can find out tomorrow!
Last that i read in the magazine i still have, its supposed to be a 28/35 turbine.
yea but last in the mag it also said it would make 280hp at 8psi ...... the dyno above shows 353hp at 8psi.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
ill take a pic with the digital cam and stuff again and try to post it. just need somewhere to be able to post the pic.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I talked to them today and got a little more info.

1) they are pushing to release the kit really soon. They said its the next one that they will release.

2) Price will be under 6K for everything

3) its a GT 30 (i think that what he said) series turbocharger

hope this info helps :wink:

P.S. this is off topic but I got to see some awsome drifting that Yokahama sponsored today! :p

·
Registered
210 Posts
nice work on all the info. i called xs today, and i got a recording that everone was at the SEMA show. was trying to get more info.

i am new to the the world of turbos and the question i had was that i don't see a down pipe, or a place where it attach to the manifold. is a down pipe needed, and if not, what is the benefit of having one?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.