Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
mrwhite89 said:
Does anyone have any close up pic's of their car with the Xpel product on it? Does it look good or tacky?

-Craig
I do.
What color do you want to use it on?
You do see the line clearly on dark colored cars.

I have xpel on my mirrors, door cups, bumper, hood, and 20 mm on fogs and headlights.

Usually you can't tell unless you are close to it and are looking for it.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Hey Mr. ******,
I have an '02 IBP with Xpel also and I can't recommend it enough! You will see the line more if the car is dirty. But when clean, you can just barely see the line and only at certain angles. Whenever I show it to people, they hadn't even noticed it before. Great stuff ! :D
Just use Zaino or a good clear-drying wax on it and there won't be much buildup of wax to make the line look pronounced. Here's a link to my pics .... Yahoo changed, so I don't know how to get my albums publicly accessible anymore. Plus, the "full size picture" no longer seems to work. Try saving it so you can zoom in on the Xpel line on the hood. Let me know if this works.... 8)

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/th...e=http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/thevanceman99

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Tha Reaper said:
i have the Xpel Headlight/Foglight Protection Kit for my Red IS3...if i got the whole front end protection (hood, bumper, mirrors, etc.) do you think that you would be able to see the lines?
if you keep it clean?

no, you'll just notice the line on the hood, and that's from like 5 feet or closer

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
i think it is definitely worth having. The little line you may see at times is a lot less noticable than all the rock chips you'll have splattered across your hood. I didn't want to spend the $400 or whatever it would cost for the expel when i got my car, but after having literally dozens of chips and marks across the front of my hood and front bumper, i really regretted not getting it. I just had my hood replaced after a minor fender bender and the body shop repainted the front bumper so I'm once again chip free and I plan on getting the xpel put on shortly.

i know someone who has a ggp like me and it isn't noticable unless you are close up and only then if you are looking at teh right angles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.