Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello fellow SD peepz I just got my blue 01 is300 last week and been noticing the soft paint issue... can someone recommand a cheap and experienced XPEL installer in the area?

One other question (might sound stupid) on burning in the car.. some ppl told me not to go past 3krpm b4 1000mile others told me not to go pass 55mph... who do I listen to?

any input would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
345 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya except they show that the nearest installer to my area code is in LA... I don't wanna drive on the free way that far (risk getting chips) to get my XPEL installed

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
worth it!! drive there at late night get a hotel room, get xpel the next day, go to strip bars etc and then go home at night, no chips!!! what part of SD are u in, Junedog lives there and ill be there soon!! hehe not movin there though, too slow!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in Mira Mesa... works at Qualcomm (bout 4 mins away from work) heh you guys wouldn't beleive how many performace cars I see everyday in the qualcomm garage... I see atleast 5 IS300's in the garageeverday 2 others are BLUE like mine =( .. heh there are more beemers and mercedes and boxters than all the other cars combined in our garage...

anyways... anyone know wut the going price on xpel (installed) is? I guess I will drive up to LA for it..

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
call the shop that xpel listed, i will be in Poway pretty soon, maybe !!1 i have friends there and need to see them, its been over a year.!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't think anything could really guard against chips. The main benefit of XPEL is that you don't need to wax your car all the time. Average people won't be able to tell the difference XPEL made to the car anyway.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Originally posted by NaFooEis:
I don't think anything could really guard against chips. The main benefit of XPEL is that you don't need to wax your car all the time. Average people won't be able to tell the difference XPEL made to the car anyway.

u can think what u want, but thats not the reason, think about it!!!

someone is gonna spend 200 + to not wax their mirrors and half the hood and bumper??? come on now.... Ok here is the info, read the site and u will see what they talk about, big letters for u buddy
WWW.XPEL.COM go read then post!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
humm 99 bux for the hood fender and mirror kit... (no installation just kit)
and 179 for the bumper kit

who's had this done already? is it worth getting the bumper kit at all?

here's the link incase anyone's interseted :
Xpel Lexus Kits

now to find a good installer to do it for cheap...

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I got the hood and mirror kit and paid $50 for the install. Click my sig for a pic.

THIS IS NOT TO KEEP FROM WAXING!! That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while. This is the same material they put on jet canopies to protect them from debris on landings and takeoffs. I've had mine for about 4 months, and have traveled over 6000 miles with it, and my hood doesn't have a single chip where the xpel is at. And even if it did chip, and doesn't dent the metal, xpel pays for the paint job.

It's no joke.

Here's another pic straight on. Good luck finding the line though.

[ July 16, 2001: Message edited by: SilverLex ]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts