Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Xpel makes a clear bra for the IS 300 sedan but not for the Sportcross.
The front ends of the sedan and the Sportcross are only slightly different.

Has anyone tried to install the sedan version on the Sportcross?
There are so many trucks in my area that constantly dribble debris out the back that I definitely want to the front of my Sportcross filmed, but I'm not sure if the bra available from Xpel will fit. I tried calling Xpel directly, but they were not much help, would not offer an opinion on whether or not it would fit and would not give any indication when or if they are planning to develop a kit specifically for the Sportcross.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
nickg.va said:
Xpel makes a clear bra for the IS 300 sedan but not for the Sportcross.
The front ends of the sedan and the Sportcross are only slightly different.

Has anyone tried to install the sedan version on the Sportcross?
There are so many trucks in my area that constantly dribble debris out the back that I definitely want to the front of my Sportcross filmed, but I'm not sure if the bra available from Xpel will fit. I tried calling Xpel directly, but they were not much help, would not offer an opinion on whether or not it would fit and would not give any indication when or if they are planning to develop a kit specifically for the Sportcross.

Thanks!
You can find a local Xpel installer and get them to make a custom fitment. They take a sheet of it and trim it on the car.

BTW, I ordered the Xpel headlight kit and it came with extra pieces, didn't know what they were till I saw the Sportcross foglights and realized that's what they were for.

So, I got the Xpel for SPrtcross fogs for sale. $10 shipped! Anybody want em'?

Kane

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up going with the kit from Xpel. It had to be modified, and there were some areas that were left uncovered.

If I had to do it all over again I would go with this company:

http://www.stongard.com/sgcontent/sgdetails.asp?id=970

The kit from Stongard has fewer seams and covers more area(both good things) than any other kit that I was able to find.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts