Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after going around the block about 100 times to get my Delphi XM Roady to work in my car (turns out my first one was a defective reciever) I have now had XM radio for 1 month. I'm going to offer my review for those of you considering it.

The Roady was mounted directly under my heated seats/trac buttons. I lost access to my ash tray, but i dont use it anyway so it didn't bother me that much. It was installed with an FM modulator. There is a MAJOR alternator noise if you install this with the modulator that can be corrected VERY easily with a 20 amp noise filter and wire insulators. This little problem caused me 2 weeks of hell back and forth to best buy. The roady at night is about the best match of color your going to get. Some people have actually asked me at night if it was stock because the orange matches so perfectly. The best feature of the Roady IMO is that the screen changes to about 7 different colors which all look very neat at night (especially night blue and purple).

Service-wise I get fairly good reception around Philly suburbs south/north jersey and new york. Good tunes for those of you looking for a good variety. I think that Sirius probobly has a better selection, but none of the current hardware really fits in my car the way I would like it too (hence why I chose the Delphi Roady).

All and all, for somebody like me who listens to a large variety of music, XM is definatly worth the $10 a month. If your looking for a more upbeat music selection, however, Sirius is probobly the way to go, but the current hardware really doesn't fit well in the IS at all IMO.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Thanks for the review, everyone who has XM/Sirius that I know recommends it. Do you know any good places to find XM/Sirius equipment? I'd like to take a look at all the hardware they have out now. :)

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Theres a lot of places you can look at XM/Sirius equipment. Local Best Buy/Circuit City/Tweeter. You can buy them from different places online for cheaper though and just have it installed at a stereo shop.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
flproject13 said:
Well after going around the block about 100 times to get my Delphi XM Roady to work in my car (turns out my first one was a defective reciever) I have now had XM radio for 1 month. I'm going to offer my review for those of you considering it.

The Roady was mounted directly under my heated seats/trac buttons. I lost access to my ash tray, but i dont use it anyway so it didn't bother me that much. It was installed with an FM modulator. There is a MAJOR alternator noise if you install this with the modulator that can be corrected VERY easily with a 20 amp noise filter and wire insulators. This little problem caused me 2 weeks of hell back and forth to best buy. The roady at night is about the best match of color your going to get. Some people have actually asked me at night if it was stock because the orange matches so perfectly. The best feature of the Roady IMO is that the screen changes to about 7 different colors which all look very neat at night (especially night blue and purple).

Service-wise I get fairly good reception around Philly suburbs south/north jersey and new york. Good tunes for those of you looking for a good variety. I think that Sirius probobly has a better selection, but none of the current hardware really fits in my car the way I would like it too (hence why I chose the Delphi Roady).

All and all, for somebody like me who listens to a large variety of music, XM is definatly worth the $10 a month. If your looking for a more upbeat music selection, however, Sirius is probobly the way to go, but the current hardware really doesn't fit well in the IS at all IMO.
Does it fit perfectly below the heated seats area?

·
8,852 Posts
TKElexus said:
Could you take a pic of the install? maybe even a night pic? thanks i am planning to getting xm next month but don't know which reciever to get.
Here is webmaster's install.
He did paint the front of the Delphi unit black, which normally is aluminum.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
vlad_a said:
TKElexus said:
Could you take a pic of the install? maybe even a night pic? thanks i am planning to getting xm next month but don't know which reciever to get.
Here is webmaster's install.
He did paint the front of the Delphi unit black, which normally is aluminum.
i was going to mount mine like that but I changed my mind because i usually have to park in bad lots. Figured that would attract to much attention.

btw tony did a nice job on that paint

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.