Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did it... it's installed. I have a promo code so you can get free activation and first month free too. It's good stuff... glad I got it. I paid $28 in total.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
how do you get the 60$ rebate

when I go to the 60$ rebate it has you fill in info. for the check then radio ID.

Where do I find the radio ID.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: how do you get the 60$ rebate

fleadog99 said:
when I go to the 60$ rebate it has you fill in info. for the check then radio ID.

Where do I find the radio ID.
You have to buy the unit first... it's on the box. That website basically fills out the the rebate for you and you just have to send in your UPC and receipt. I looked around and this worked for several people.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,397 Posts
I just bought the reciever yesterday and the car kit I'm going back to get today. This works! what a deal! Lata, Austin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
which one did you buy

Can you let me know what exactly you bought I am not sue which one to get.

PLease let em know also an antenna is needed correct.
 

·
Blue Glowie
Joined
·
3,769 Posts
Yea, you need an antenna too.

I am going to get the Delphi kit. I like it because you can transport it from car to home. The car and home kit are both 69.99, but you can use additional coupons and get them for 19.99. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
so when you buy the kit

so you buy the kit use the 50 best buy coupon. then go to another store buy the car kit use another 50 coupon. then go to another store or diff. time and buy the home kit. use the 50 coupon.

then call up that number and get the free month and 10.00 / month discount.

then fill out the 60 check discount with the radio ID.

is this correct.

also can I install that delphi thing myself.
 

·
Blue Glowie
Joined
·
3,769 Posts
Re: so when you buy the kit

fleadog99 said:
so you buy the kit use the 50 best buy coupon. then go to another store buy the car kit use another 50 coupon. then go to another store or diff. time and buy the home kit. use the 50 coupon.

then call up that number and get the free month and 10.00 / month discount.

then fill out the 60 check discount with the radio ID.

is this correct.

also can I install that delphi thing myself.
You are correct sir.

It basically requires no install. There is an FM modulator kit coming out for the Delphi like next month for $49. You can always hard wire everything with that kit later on for a clean install.

Best of all the Delphi lights up amber. Matches our dash nicely at night. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok... so I dug up the activation #.. 1-800-852-9696 Mention code:XFF004XM1
Link

I have done all of the above rebates etc and everything worked great. I have to send and receive the $60 still, but I've read on other forums that it works.

The car kit comes with an antenna, so it's really a great system in the sense that you just buy the receiver and the home or car kit (or both) and it comes with EVERYTHING. I got mine for $28 total because BB had it on sale, going to get the home kit sometime this week with another coupon.

I'm pretty proud of my install... I'll post my pics in another thread as they are kind large. Linky
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: so when you buy the kit

jedi said:
fleadog99 said:
so you buy the kit use the 50 best buy coupon. then go to another store buy the car kit use another 50 coupon. then go to another store or diff. time and buy the home kit. use the 50 coupon.

then call up that number and get the free month and 10.00 / month discount.

then fill out the 60 check discount with the radio ID.

is this correct.

also can I install that delphi thing myself.
You are correct sir.

It basically requires no install. There is an FM modulator kit coming out for the Delphi like next month for $49. You can always hard wire everything with that kit later on for a clean install.

Best of all the Delphi lights up amber. Matches our dash nicely at night. ;)
Haven't heard great things about the FM modulator, and it also has to be hard wired into your car. Check out http://www.clubxm.com to get a lot of questions answered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rumor has it that they took the adapter kits off the coupon, so if you missed the deal you might only be able to get the receiver with the $50 off coupon at BB... then the $60 mail-in.
 

·
Blue Glowie
Joined
·
3,769 Posts
Tinlemon said:
Rumor has it that they took the adapter kits off the coupon, so if you missed the deal you might only be able to get the receiver with the $50 off coupon at BB... then the $60 mail-in.
Picked up the home adapter kit this morning. ;) Still works I guess. Hehe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jedi said:
Tinlemon said:
Rumor has it that they took the adapter kits off the coupon, so if you missed the deal you might only be able to get the receiver with the $50 off coupon at BB... then the $60 mail-in.
Picked up the home adapter kit this morning. ;) Still works I guess. Hehe.
Yeah.. my guess is that they'll honor the previous coupon if you have it, but the new one has the kits excluded. Like the 16 year old behind the register is going to give a damn what coupon you have... they just care about what happens when they put the UPC in.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
6 Participants
ISthree00
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing
Top