Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2,883 Posts
Have fun taking your eyes off the road constantly, I had it there first then moved it up to where my eyes can see it w/o taking my eyes off the road as much, I realized I was not looking at the road while changing stations.

IMO

·
2,883 Posts
DaGixxerKid said:
UGH! Why do you guys buy the roady? the new Terk Unit has a seperate receiver and a small controller. Very good price. Hide the receiver and the controller is a snap to mount. also comes with pre-outs if you want to do the Aux Input mod.
Any pics?

BTW, sometime soon I am going to PM you about your taillight mod, I have an idea and need some guidance. :wink:

·
2,883 Posts
jruhi4 said:
jiggafett said:
Have fun taking your eyes off the road constantly, I had it there first then moved it up to where my eyes can see it w/o taking my eyes off the road as much, I realized I was not looking at the road while changing stations.

IMO
This is very true. HOWEVER, correct me if I'm wrong, but a Jiggafett-style installation (which, if I remember correctly, was snug up to the upper-right corner of the driver's side A-pillar) would only work for a 2001 IS. It would probably interfere with the driver's side curtain airbag on 2002 & newer ISs. I can just see that curtain airbag deploying in an accident and sending the XM tuner flying over the airbags & hitting the driver's or rear seat passenger's face...
Even without the airbag there it will still go flying in an accident (don't ask me how I know :cry: ). But, yes you are correct. Maybe down at the bottom corner of the drivers side window. I've been meaning to move it there due to a slight glare at certain times of the day, then again I've also been meaning to buy one of those plastic film covers for protecting PDA's and just cut it to size and place it over the screen on the unit to prevent that slight glare.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.