Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought an optional XM radio for my IS-F and will have to bring my car back to the dealer sometimes this week to install it. I am wondering if this car is prewired for XM radio or not? Does this installation involve any drilling for external antenna? I guess this all should be the same between IS-f/350/250. Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
There is no drilling required, we just have to run a new cable to the audio unit from an XM receiver that is installed at the same time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So it turns out lexus is lying to us about this install. I called and asked how much it would cost and they said 900 because its a 3 hour job. The Sirius install might be 3 hours, but the XM install is 30 minutes, as the car is already wired for it. Its insane how much they think they can rip us off. I just bought the whole kit online for $270 shipped and my bestfriend is an expert in installing electronics in cars as he did that for years in college. So it will cost me under $300 to have it installed. Stay away from these dealers!

·
Registered
63 Posts
So it turns out lexus is lying to us about this install. I called and asked how much it would cost and they said 900 because its a 3 hour job. The Sirius install might be 3 hours, but the XM install is 30 minutes, as the car is already wired for it. Its insane how much they think they can rip us off. I just bought the whole kit online for $270 shipped and my bestfriend is an expert in installing electronics in cars as he did that for years in college. So it will cost me under $300 to have it installed. Stay away from these dealers!

LOL, That's what I figured....:pissed: -

They want $765 + taxes (13%) up here in Canada at the dealer so I'm having someone look at it aftermarket.... Sounds like it'll be much cheaper.

I'm amazed that our Ford Focus (runabout) has Sat Radio installed from the factory and 6 month's service included on delivery....

C.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts