Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i finally dynoed my car today with the header and racepipe, even though i had an exhaust leak the header netted me 13.1rwhp and 20.7 ft/lbs tq to the rear wheels. eyal will get me the right gasket as soon as he gets them in and we will dyno again to see if i do any better.

the xerd racepipe and xerd header combo gave me a gain of 25.3rwhp and 28.3ft/lbs of torque to the rear wheels.

2002 eshift/lsd/heated seats/moonroof/full leather/nav etc... etc... aside from the header and racepipe i am stock enginewise.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
shit! over 26 hp, with a leak! :eek: id like to see the better dyno done with the gaskets. cant wait to receive my headers and race pipe! thankz Eyal!

-Simon

·
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
XERD said:
You added the numbers wrong, my dyno sheet says 26.1 HP and 33.6 TQ to the wheels. :)

Eyal.
well either larry printed out the wrong stock baseline dyno run for me or i cant add/subtract, cus those numbers are off my dynosheets... which i do think is a possibility cus i remember doing better stock than what my sheet says... no biggie, ill stand corrected. its hard typing and trying to feed my son, lol. :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have just a few questions for you.
(1)I was wondering if the CEL-check engine linght came on for you at all with the race pipe and header from XERD.

(2)When you get the new header, dose it mean that you will have no catalytic converters?

(3) are these parts DOT or CARB approved?

thanks

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Don..also..since all your runs were done on the Mustang...wouldn't you have more hp since the dyno runs on mustangs are VERY low ball?

·
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ImpulseXvX said:
Don..also..since all your runs were done on the Mustang...wouldn't you have more hp since the dyno runs on mustangs are VERY low ball?
ive heard that mustang dyno numbers + 20 =~ sae corrected... i could be wrong...? if not, that means with just racepipe and header im at ~208rwhp

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
another question.... why does the baseline cross at 5250 whereas the test run crosses around 4600?

besides that, great numbers!!! time to go to a dynojet and get some real numbers :)

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
DonCorleone said:
ive heard that mustang dyno numbers + 20 =~ sae corrected... i could be wrong...? if not, that means with just racepipe and header im at ~208rwhp
Thats not a bad #...but I would expect ya to be in the 210's-220's with the header and the racepipe...

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
also, i was wondering did you have an a/f reading taken while on the dyno? im interested to see where your mods put you in the a/f range.

·
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Frydryce said:
another question.... why does the baseline cross at 5250 whereas the test run crosses around 4600?

besides that, great numbers!!! time to go to a dynojet and get some real numbers :)
no idea, im just here to smile and look pretty.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Sooo how's it FEEL..daily driving sound wise etc.....?

&.. ifyou were at 176 or so & jumped to 208..? that is a huge jump w just the header.....!!!

& is it true that this XERD header does NOT require the SRT to be reflashed...?

What will happen if i put the header on w/ my SRT & Do NOT right away get the S-afc or Reflashed ECU....? will the car run BAD,...or just not make the most of the mods...??

How long to install & did you do it or did they....?
who wants to come help me put mine in....!!

STILL NO CE Lights 'DC'..???

Ed G.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Yeah, same questions:

1) Will I get a CEL?
2) Must I reflash the SRT ECU? Will I run too rich if I don't?

If the answer to both of these is no, then I'm sold.

-C

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Hey edgy....i'm picking up the headers next week whenever they let me know i can pick it up.... Lets get a bunch of guys together and install.... that way we can all help each other out... i'd be installing headers and racepipe.....either way....shouldn't be too hard. Eh Thanh.... after the istall we gotta cruise oxnard and tear up some of those ricers just to let them know is300's represent!!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
18 Participants
DonCorleone
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing