Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the plp intake setup and soon to have the ltuned exhaust. i was wondering if the xerd pipe would make this too loud? i want it to be louder than stock but the plp/ltuned is really quiet so i was wondering wut differnce the pipe would make. and i want it to sound nice and mean but not overly loud in any way. neone have any sound clips? also would there be good gains from this?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have the SRT Intake, Xerd and L Tuned exhaust. Prior to the mid pipe sound was very close to stock. With the pipe things got noticably louder, but only under acceleration. Cruising down the road you can barely tell any thing different.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i live in cali and they are strict on laws here. u think it is loud enough for a cop to pull u over just because he heres the sound? is it like super loud or just loud? i dont feel like a ticket but i want some more punch

·
Registered
196 Posts
I do not think it would be loud enough to get pulled over. I have had this set up for over a year and have not had one problem. Prior to the mid pipe and L-Tuned exhaust, I had a stock mid pipe and the hiper exhaust. That set up was much louder both at speed and under acceleration. In fact, it was too loud for my taste. I would suggest you try the mid pipe out. If you think it is too loud you could sell the it in the sale section quite easily. Good Luck, David

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
How's the gains for the racepipe from your butt dyno readings?

·
Registered
196 Posts
In April 2002 I dyno'd 176hp/175tq with just the SRT intake. After the addition of the L-Tuned, racepipe and the Race ECU flash update I dyno'd 190hp/188tq. Obviouslly I had a "lower" output engine at stock. Since then I installed a SRT TQ Convertor and ran a 14.99 @ 92mph at the track. Hope that helps. David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.