Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is it going everyone, well i did all search i could possibly could about the Xerd race pipe. And i think i am ready to get this race pipe for my car. However i do have few minor questions about this pipe, & i hope you guys can help me answer my question. First & most does Xerd race pipe really makes any so, called rattling noise once the car heats up. Also is it really neccesary to reset the ecu after installing the pipe. & what if i don't choose not to reset the ecu do guys think this would take longer for computer to automaticly reset, or on another hand do guys think by not reseting ecu, perhaps this may cause CEL . Anyways guys thank you for your help.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
it doesnt rattle if installed correctly
forget about resetting the ecu cel is cuased by 02 sensors

*do more searching

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
No rattling.
You don't have to reset the ECU.
Don't bother resetting the ECU.
No CEL will show regardless.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, i guess then i will be getting a Xerd race pipe. Thanks for the feed back guys, really appreciate. :D

03/IS Fully loaded
Crystal white
carbon fiber style mask
Trd drop filter
Hks Carbon Ti
Jdm antenna
Coming Soon (Xerd race-pipe)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For sure, actually after the xerd race pipe, there is a good chance i will eventually go for the headers, but then again to be honest, what's really keeping me not getting the headers at this point is mainly based on all things i have read about headers in this forum, such as the CEL. But then again i am sure Xerd or whom ever sooner or later will fix this issues & once they solve this problem with there headers then i am all for it.

03/FullyLoaded
Crystal White
E-shift
Titanium Tint
S2K antenna
CF Style Hood Mask
TRD drop filter
HKS Carbon Ti
Coming Soon (XERD Race pipe)

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
if you are worried about the cel get the o2 sims or you could go w/ toyomoto's headers/race pipe and included o2 sims for less than just a xerd header

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually, you definetly got a good point there. But since my xerd race pipe is being shipped to me, therefore perhaps just to be in the safe side as a near future mod what i will do is perhaps drop the Toyomoto headers & run it with my Xerd race pipe. However before i do that, i guess i gotta check with Toyomoto to see if that kind of set up would work. But mean while thank you for your feed back.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
3KGTO said:
Actually, you definetly got a good point there. But since my xerd race pipe is being shipped to me, therefore perhaps just to be in the safe side as a near future mod what i will do is perhaps drop the Toyomoto headers & run it with my Xerd race pipe. However before i do that, i guess i gotta check with Toyomoto to see if that kind of set up would work. But mean while thank you for your feed back.
it should work, but for some reason it doesnt then just put on the toyo pipe and sell your xerd pipe. i dont know if you can buy just the headers seperately because they sell it as a combo headers/pipe/o2 sims
so yeah call and make sure

1 - 11 of 11 Posts