Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my plp sfi installed and my ltuned exhaust on order. i wanted to get quiet things so i could have one louder mod like the xerd race pipe to make it sound not super loud but nice and deep. i have heard from some people that adding the race pipe will make it sound really high pitched? if you have this setup please inform me as i would highly appreciate it

·
Registered
18 Posts
XERD racepipe, L-tuned Exhaust, and Prolex intake

Hi,

I've got the XERD racepipe, L-tuned Exhaust, and Prolex Intake. I'll tell you right off that I love this set-up. The power gains are obvious and the exhaust note is great. Its barely noticeable while the engine is idle, but when I hit the gas hard there is a great deep exhaust note that is a little loud.

When I was looking for mods I was mainly looking for something that wouldn't sound obnoxious, wouldnt invalidate my warranty, and would give me good power gains. THis setup is exactly what I was looking for. Its perfect and I highly recommend it for the conservative driver.

The only drawback is that every now and then the CEL comes on. Sometimes if I'm driving in wet weather for a long period of time it will light up for a day or so, and then go out again when the weather is dry. Most of the time it is off though. Not a big deal. There has never been any issue with the engine performance, and the car is in perfect running condition according to the lexus people. I recently had the car in the shop to get an oil/filter change and the lexus mechanic checked the computer. Apparently, every now and then the system just realizes that the catalytic converter is gone (which it is) and needs to make some adjustments to the engine when the weather changes. THey assured me that there is nothing that I need to worry about.

Note: I believe I'm the only XERD owner that has mentioned this.

Well, I hope this is helpful, and once again go ahead and get the XERD racepipe. Its a great mod that I'm sure you'll be happy with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts