Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am currently thinking about upgrading my exhaust system with xerd headers and race pipe to go along with my HKS carbon Ti...What exactly will i be eliminating from the factory parts when adding these 2 components? Can anyone post some feedbacks on these 2 mods?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is this a good mod Or will it be too annoying..., I have a past of 5.0 mustangs and cobra's so im used too being extremely loud...But i dont want to go overboard on the IS? what do you think?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I have the same setup you wuld have with the whole setup, except I don't have carbon ti, I have regular hiper, which is that exact same. anyways, the hp gain you will get is really great. you will DEFINETLY feel the hp gain, and the sound is loud, but it sounds awesome!

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
I think the header (w/race pipe and exhaust) is too loud. Steve has that setup on his car (with HKS Hiper). My car has the race pipe and Hiper alone and it's perfect (for me, BEAUTIFUL sound)... Steve's car has noticably more pull however.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
jeffree said:
do you scrape a lot with the xerd and hiper set up?
Scrape? Not at all. I don't see why the race pipe would scrape EVER. The Hiper yeah, if you're car was lowered enough. Currently mine is stock height (awaiting Hotchkis springs).

·
Registered
235 Posts
anybody have the race pipe with hiper and SRT intake? i am thinking of getting the race pipe and wondering if any problems since the SRT ECU is not formatted for a racepipe. thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts