Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new un-used XERD Headers. ~$450 prefer local buyer but I will ship if necessary, I travel from OC to Ventura County all the time so let me know.

I bought them about 9-10 months ago right before they were released. Went on deployment for the war shortly after that so I never had the chance to put them on.

reason why i'm selling is that i just lost interest. I'd rather get some rims etc....

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump^^ still for sale.... sorry everyone I was away in Seattle. pm me if still interested.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
edgy said:
bump for a cool cat...

glad yer home safe bro...
Thanks... dude if no one wants these rims i'm just gonna have to install them. damn and I really want to get some chrome rims.... time to apply for another credit card!!! :chill:

·
Registered
255 Posts
WTF does this thread have too do with rims? Or r U just bored... The comment about home safe is coool though, cause too much shit has been going down, ya know...

WTF is with people and not knowing how to race...God damn retards in Wanna-Be Cool Cars....

Come on People

KNow the rules use your heads...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hehe, Ya i kind wrote that right after I got back from the Bar... Damn, should know better then loggnig into a public forum while kinda hammered...lol

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:lol: no worries.... what i meant was that I have these headers just sitting there and I'm going to be getting rims. Just trying to figure out the tire sizes before i get them. I'm really leaning towards chrome rims just to see how they would look on my GGP. If i come up w/ some extra money then I will probably go w/ chrome..... jeez! get off me! :lol:

still for sale btw.... these were the original Headers when they first came out.... IMO better quality then the latest batches.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dasgalloway said:
UpTownIS300er said:
still for sale btw.... these were the original Headers when they first came out.... IMO better quality then the latest batches.
So not stainless?
I'm not really sure. I haven't looked at the headers for maybe 9 months now. They are sitting in the attic in a plastic bag. I've heard that the original ones were not stainless steel but Ceramic coated. I really couldn't tell you until i come home this weekend and take pictures of it for you guys.

Does anyone know what the 1st batches were? I got these headers the day before it was released to the public. Probably only Superman, DonCorleon, and TMRIS300 were the only ones who got the headers before me.

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
first few batches were ceramic coated, newer ones were SS, then the newest ones are supposedly a 'new design', also in stainless.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
it is definitely Ceramic then... nothing wrong with that & those WERE made better..that was before XERD switched to a different shittier/cheeper manufacturer when he went to Stainless steel.... :roll:

sooo anyone else out ther estill thinking there is an O2 simulator on the way.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :pissed:

edg

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
redline814 said:
The SS 2nd gen has better flow...correct?

I doubt it ...

They were supposedly designed to the same specs.. just made from a different/(better) material & manufactrured by a different manufacturer... with, it looks like... less experience from some of the pics of some welds on the ss stuff I saw.. .my Ceramic Race pipe was very cleanly welded... much better looking piece than the ss stuff i've seen from them lately..

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
edgy said:
redline814 said:

I doubt it ...

They were supposedly designed to the same specs.. just made from a different/(better) material & manufactrured by a different manufacturer... with, it looks like... less experience from some of the pics of some welds on the ss stuff I saw.. .my Ceramic Race pipe was very cleanly welded... much better looking piece than the ss stuff i've seen from them lately..
From the Xerd website...
"We have redesigned our header to make more power and have better flow characteristics then our older version."

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
redline814 said:
edgy said:
redline814 said:

I doubt it ...

From the Xerd website...
"We have redesigned our header to make more power and have better flow characteristics then our older version."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yer fuking JOKING right.......???

From: XERD, sent personally to me & I assume many others...."

" the O2 sims are in & available Now!!
..these are now in, & are shipping out to all Header buyers immediately!"

dated 7/31/03

its Oct 1st .. i live 15 miles from his shop... i have NOT recieved jack SHIT from them.... :shame:

Really now...tellme again how you still believe everything you read.........???

On the WEB...even.....?

Especially from XERD...??

:roll:

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
<edgy>

My post was only stating the facts posted on Xerds website.

Now...back to what is called reality...

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
redline814 said:
<edgy>

My post was only stating the facts posted on Xerds website.

Now...back to what is called reality...

"facts" eh..????.... more like their "SALES PITCH" posted on the site... I'd be doubtful of the FACTUAL basis for any of those claims... but hell the things do make decent power.....& used separately seem to sound bitchin & not add any real negatives to the exh. sound ... :D

..if they had their shit together they would be doing gangbuster business too.... instead of seeing all these used pipes & headers selling on the cheep they might be enjoying more sales of new ones, esopecially had they taken care of basic business customer relations properly... oh well... another one shot wonder bites the dust... won't be the first or last i'll bet...

" they couldda been SOO MUCH MORE.....they couldda been a CONTENDAH"

:cry:

:lol:

i know i know ... i am just bustin ballzzz & why not i'm not exzzactly OFF BASE here.... :roll:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts