Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my Xerd headers today.. LOUD AS FOCK...

anyways I have the SRT intake with r-ecu, i got issues now, my r-ecu is "flased" with the new software.. but i get this:

first started the car no error codes.. after driving the check engine light came on.. went back to the house, unplugged the Neg of the batt, and it was fine for a bit, then it started to feel like it was going to choke at idle.. then the chk engine light came back on and the trac button is now flashing on and off... but when the car hits over 3500 rpms it takes off... but under that its like chugging..

·
Registered
908 Posts
your car feels like it is about to choke? hmmm....it sounds like you may have some facked up air readings on your sensor. take your car to you lexus dealership, and tell them to see what the readings are on your car with a diagnostic comp. if there are any problems, they will delete the error, and everything should right away be back to normal.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i drove the car back home after work, and its starting to drive better, but at idle its still having the choking issue... one guy told me to wait 200 or so miles to let the ECU get used to the new air flows....

·
Registered
15 Posts
bartkat said:
Won't an O2 sim take care of that?
I notice this OS2 simulator being mentioned when referring to the XERD header. I've looked at the header online and I see fittings for the XERD header. I have the XERD header and there is a OS2 fitting as well. If the fittings are there why would one need an OS2 simulator? I had a PRO-1 header and an XERD race pipe. No CEL for me?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.