Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am most likely going to get the header some time after Nov. 20, and i am interested in the loudness of the header on a stock exhaust and a injen gen 3 intake, i mean how loud is it at idle, almost stock like? then how loud is it from lets say 2k-3.5k and i would imagen that it would really open up at 4000 and above. am i right.
thanks for your help.

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
silver5spd said:
I am most likely going to get the header some time after Nov. 20, and i am interested in the loudness of the header on a stock exhaust and a injen gen 3 intake, i mean how loud is it at idle, almost stock like? then how loud is it from lets say 2k-3.5k and i would imagen that it would really open up at 4000 and above. am i right.
thanks for your help.
Lol I thought you meant volume... as in the space occupied by the headers... and pictures some whack ass test where you dropped the header in a big tub of water and measured how much spilled over the top to get the volume.

Monday. :crazy: :lol:

·
Virgin Magnet
8,553 Posts
with my setup i can get some car alarm blips if i pass one just right. with a stock exhaust, and full throttle i have a feeling the intake soudn will drown out the exhaust sound

·
Nygmatic
2,572 Posts
i have AEM intake and full exhaust aside from the stock resonator. my car doesnt easily set off alarms. only they will chirp if i pass by them at a certain rpm. however if you really wanted to, you could rev really hard next to one to set it off... but im not like that :chill:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts