Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it clearly states that they are off rode use only... i know i wont pass the smog test with these because of the 3 cc's removal but you think the COPS WOULD EVER KNOW IF THEY PULL ME over and happen to pop my hood? i mean i heard CC's removal fine in souther cali (where i am) can go up to the 10 thousands..... you think its a risk worth taking? i mean i could just swap back to stock during the SMOG checks... i doubt the cops would know i removed my CC's .... what yall think? do any of you drive without you CC's on your is300 on the streets?

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
alot of us drive w/o cc's but w/ the header and race pipe you will only lose 1cc so you might fail the visual test, and since our car is very low emission we might have a higher standard even if we also have 2 cc left so we might fail that too

i would get the header and the race pipe, but when its time for smog i would replace the pipe w/ the original stock and hopefully ill slide by and pass

edit: im dumb and wrong you do lose all 3 cat c's

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Well, put it this way: you will be fined (large fees), your car will be impounded (HUGE fees), and then you will have to strip off the items you installed to go get you car smogged (at your expense of course).

Yes, most cops will be able to tell that you took of the cats, CHP will definitely know.

Just get the y pipe.

·
Banned
809 Posts
I think you will only get caught if your asking to. I drove around cops all the time with a greddy and xerd racepipe, and all I had to do was lay off the gas and just push down hard enough to keep the speed limit. I never had any troubles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.