Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am an new IS300.net member, and i this is my first post

i have a 2001 IS300, i wanted to know which headers i should use

Xerd or Toyomoto, i also do not want to lose my catalytic converter

which header should i use?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Based upon your statement, you've almost answered your own question. If you in fact do not want to remove your catalytic converter(s) (seeing as there are 2 on the main bank), then you shouldn't go the header route as you would be reduced to just one with the factory y-pipe applicable to the XERD header, and nonewhatsoever if you take the Toyomoto route.

There are obvious favorites to both header setups, both seem to offer divergent gains, and are comprised of different materials (SS vs. Ceramic Coated). When in doubt use the good ol' search function, I'm sure "he" can answer some questions for ya

·
Registered
884 Posts
right. our car has two cats actually on the headers as well as the normal in line cat the many people replace with a y-pipe.

if you do not want to remove any smog control devices--buy an intake, an exhaust, and maybe N20. you'll be faster than 98% of the IS300's on the road and be able to hold your own against most members of this board.

your engine is an ultra low emissions engine... and uncle sam will try to keep it that way, especially if you live in cal...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.