Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
9005 high beam Halogens to better match 6500k HID kit

I have installed XenonDepot's 6500k kit in my IS350 (lowbeams), and now the high beams and the parking lights look out of place, being so yellow. Any recommendations for non HID replacements for these to better match the new HIDs? Also, anyone ever hassled by the law for running 6500k? Thanks!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Hi,

Glad to hear you're happy with the 6500k HID kit =)

Unfortunately we do not sell non HID bulbs however if you ever need a kit for the fogs to match let me know and I will do my best t help you out.

Steve

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Hi Steve,

Will you be switching to the newer type "thin" ballast in the near future? I'm in the market to get an HID kit, and prefer the XD product due the support you offers on the forums (Here, CL, and probably on countless others), and the fact that you've been in business for years. It seems the trend is moving towards thinner ballasts though (such as the ones offered by one of your reputable competitors, i'm not too concerned with the cheapo no-name knockoffs). I'd rather pay more and a quality ballast such as the thin Philips-type that was offered a few years ago, but it seems that the market doesn't support HID kits priced too much over $200-300.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Hi Storm,

Most of the slim ballasts you see being sold online are not exactly of "ideal" quality. We have tested most of them and have found them not to be very efficient ballast (less than 77%) vs our Xtreme ballasts (approx 85%). The higher the efficiency the better the ballast. While the Xtreme ballasts that we sell our not slim they are still a compact size. We have been selling the line for approx 5 years now so it is an established product line. As you mentioned, we stand behind our product and the warranty that we offer so we only put the most reliable problem free products in our customer's hands.

Steve

Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
I seldom use highbeams, so I may just look around for some LED based parking lights that are not as yellow as the stock ones.

I Installed the kit last week & like the quality of kit, but 6500k seems too blue! I should have gone 5000k, but everything I read indicated 6500k was just a slight hint of blue.
Does XenonDepot do bulb exchanges? :^)

Hi,

Glad to hear you're happy with the 6500k HID kit =)

Unfortunately we do not sell non HID bulbs however if you ever need a kit for the fogs to match let me know and I will do my best t help you out.

Steve

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Hi,

Unfortunately we cannot exchange bulbs after they have been installed. This is the only way that we can assure you that you are getting brand new bulbs and not some that have been previously installed.

However, if you do want to change out the bulbs to a different color please let me know and I will do my best to help you out.

Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Figured as much. Kind of like returning used socks!
I am guessing that 5000k would be more what I am looking for (bright white, tiniest hint of blue). What sort of deal can you give me on a pair of 5000k bulbs (IS350 H11 extreem kit). Thanks!

Hi,

Unfortunately we cannot exchange bulbs after they have been installed. This is the only way that we can assure you that you are getting brand new bulbs and not some that have been previously installed.

However, if you do want to change out the bulbs to a different color please let me know and I will do my best to help you out.

Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
Steve,

is this what i need.. XT-65k-H11 H11 6500k Xtreme Xenon HID Conversion Kit??
2008 IS250 w/ halogen.

thanks mate

41 - 51 of 51 Posts