Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those with an auto trans that want a solid mount, I was capable of getting xccessive manufacturing’s Toyota mount series 3 to fit with no modifications, however there is a method.

If you plan to buy and install, it requires a 12mm wrench(preferably ratchet), 12mm socket, 13mm socket(used for xccessive mount because comes with size 13mm nuts), 14mm socket, short extension, ratchet, jackstand, and jacks. If your having issues you can pm me if you like.

Just thought I’d let the community know.

https://xcessivemanufacturing.com/toyota/transmission/toyota-t-utm-s3.html

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
How much noise do you get now with the upgraded mount? Do you currently have aftermarket engine mounts as well?
You better upgrade the motor mounts at the same time. If one flexes more than the other. It will stress your drive train.

As for noise. It depends on how stiff and how smooth the drive train is. It will transfer more from the suspension as well. I have done moderate mounts stiffness with no real difference in noise.

·
Registered
6 Posts
On the same note, i would recommend looking at KEIN mounts (Made in Russia).
I just ordered a mount for my r154 and i must say the quality is superior..

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
On the same note, i would recommend looking at KEIN mounts (Made in Russia).
I just ordered a mount for my r154 and i must say the quality is superior..

"I just ordered a mount for my r154 and i must say the quality is superior.." Unless you have had both and used them for a while. I would hold on giving praise.

They are cheaper on the price. It looks like. But the bushings look softer. But looks can be deceiving. Xccessive has a choice in durometer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
"I just ordered a mount for my r154 and i must say the quality is superior.." Unless you have had both and used them for a while. I would hold on giving praise.

They are cheaper on the price. It looks like. But the bushings look softer. But looks can be deceiving. Xccessive has a choice in durometer.
Okay, you have a point. Since its made in my motherland I might be biased lol

However I spoke with the guy who makes them, and he promised me that there will be no extra vibration or noise after the Transmission mount is installed, yet the transmission will not move around like with the OEM mount. That is exactly what i am looking for my built. In Russia KEIN is quite well known.

Anyways, i applogize for spaming the thread..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Vitaly777
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing