Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way to Tahoe and a paint bucket fell out of a truck and I hit it at 80 mph....

It was dark and I was going over a bridge so I couldn't turn out of the way... :(

So it's time for either a new bumper or a new body kit
this store is about 15 miles away from my house and I found a body kit I want and a brand that only makes bumpers... tell me what you guys think ;)

Aerogear Cyber Style Body Kit - Front Bumper for 00-up Lexus Is300 at Andy's Auto Sport

I really like this set up but I dont know what I will do to my fog lights??
00-up Lexus Is300 Body Kits from Silk Automotive at Andy's Auto Sport

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Damn, that sucks....are they paying for the damages or what? I like the second picture of the TRD one....looks good. Your fogs will prolly have to go, cause I don't see any spots where to put it. Do you live in the area?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh I live near Valley Fair... This store seems like it gives pretty good prices, it's located in Milpitas so you might be close by it too. And actually.. I had to take the bucket out from under my car so that guy drove off without even knowing that his bucket f'ed up my bumper =/

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Near valley fair mall? Near Santana Row?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah.. do you know of a good place to go to get some parts for my car?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
uhh no not really. But I do live at Santana Row and will keep my eyes peeled for you. Also I would suggest getting a lip rather than replacing that front bumper. Also remember that some of the cheap bumpers are cool looking but may not fit very well.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You live in Santana Row?? damn... rich boy? haha

Anyways, when I get my new lip I'll cruise in Santana Row but I dont want to be driving around with a busted lip for now =/

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
Items like that are covered under your comprehensive coverage in your insurance policy. Comprehensive claims do not raise your rates, and if your policy is like mine, you have a $0 deductible on comprehensive.

I'd go that route first before paying out of pocket.

Reactions: lyk

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright... so I realized... just getting a bumper or front lip wont cut it... it looks really weird

so you need the full body kit... sideskirts and rear bumper lip

Also... I don't really know what brands fit perfectly. I live near Andy's Body Sport Andy's Auto Sport - Body Kits and Carbon Fiber Hoods Superstore!

The prices are pretty cheap and I like some of the kits there... so if it does not fit, do you think they would give me a refund, or atleast an exchange?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Items like that are covered under your comprehensive coverage in your insurance policy. Comprehensive claims do not raise your rates, and if your policy is like mine, you have a $0 deductible on comprehensive.

I'd go that route first before paying out of pocket.
My dad is my insurance broker and I haven't talked to him yet X_X

He didn't want me to go to Tahoe in the first place, hes gonna be like I told you so I told you so I told you so... :shootout: ::rocket:

But I do have full coverage, Maybe I can get my insurance to pay for an aftermarket bumper that is cheaper then an OEM?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Generally aftermarket bumpers aren't guaranteed to fit, so, usually, they will not exchange or refund for a bumper that doesn't fit perfect. But you could always try.

Reactions: 01MsMIS
1 - 12 of 12 Posts