Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it looks pretty classy...except the back end looks *a lot* like the S-type. I like the front end; it's like a modern, techie interpretation of the XJ front end.

·
Registered
387 Posts
i don't like the way rear windshield meets the trunk cover, not sporty enough.... i like the one on the is or 3 series better.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Looks great in the front, but it's still owned by Ford.
That leaves me out.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I don't care for the design, it's not to my taste... It looks very ford like and I don't like the design of the S-type either... Automagazines seem to praise the design of the S-type but I never liked it... The interior design is hideous (exactly like ford).... If any of you guys like the design of the S-type, then go sit in it and the interior will leave a stale aftertaste..... nothing at all like the interior of an XJ8...
Eric....

Jaguar still leaves much to be desired..
Although the XKR/XJR are nice...

[This message has been edited by EricK (edited November 18, 2000).]

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
yeah, you are right, I like the front, but the rear end needs to be refined a little bit. I still like it though, even if it doesn't have sexy rear end like IS300 & Merc -C

the front makes up for it

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
My wife and I drove the 4.0 "S" type and were both really surprised at the ride handling and characteristics of the car. It was pretty quick to. Makes me wonder about the Lincoln????

Whoever commented on the back end not being sexy and you think the IS and the C-class are better? Thats funny!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
It's definitely a sweet design. The front reminds me of the XJ and the rear is off the new S-Type. Jags are very sculpted and well designed, but they have poor quality, and, ever sine Ford bought them out, cheap plasticky interiors. At least that's what I tohught when I drove a 2000 4.0 S-Type. Nice torqy engine, but the car still lacks a lot of the gizmos that the others have (still doesn't have Xenons).
Sure, with standard All-wheel drive and those sexy rims, they're bound to give the sports sedan market some serious competition, but the 3-series and IS300 are still on top of their game.
I don't consider the Volvo S60 competition. It's like a smaller S80, with a kickass turbo 5, but when you load it up, it's about the same price as a fully loaded 330i. Why would someone pay $40K+ for a small Volvo??

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
201 Posts
Because of the popularity of the XJRs, there will be also R versions of the S-Type and X-Type as well, according to the president of Jaguar of Canada. (If I remember correctly from an article that I read a month back)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts